PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
After 2 years of being separated from my pipes, I will finally be making my triumphant return next month! The excitement is killing me, I left 2 unopened tins of Dunhill Nightcap, and some jars that I hope haven't been lost to nature. :puffpipe:

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Exactly, now I have between now and May 25th to figure out what to smoke first. Maybe even order a few welcome home gifts for/from myself to be waiting.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Spent a couple years abroad and didn't want to risk my pipes and tobacco getting confiscated for whatever reason. But I'm on my way home late next month.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
What took you so long? It's about freaking time you got your ass here where it belongs. Let us know what blends and pipes you own so we can make a recommendation for you.
Welcome back.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Haha, great to see some of the old faces. Glad you guys are still around! I'm not 100% sure on what I have at home waiting, but I left at least 2 unopened tins of Dunhill Nightcap that have hopefully been aging well, probably a jar of Bayou Morning, hopefully some Trout Stream, and some Prince Albert that probably went bad. There any way to resurrect it after it's all dried out?
As for what pipes I just have some old pictures from photobucket, I'll just post direct links so I don't overload this thread with pics.
1. Rustic Leonessa

2. Dr. Grabow Omega

3. Nameless Pipe (either apple or pear wood used)

4. Suffolk Algerian Briar

5. Unknown

6. Unknown

7. Unknown

8. London made, Peterson pipe

9. Another Peterson

10. Unknown

11. Unknown

12. Unknown

13. Unknown

14. A Savinelli Churchwarden that I don't have pictures of.
The pipes marked unknown are either unmarked, or I don't have pictures of the markings so I can't identify until I get home.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Jumping through my old posts, found a picture of that Sav, couldn't figure out how to edit the above one to add it. Sorry about the double post.
002-033-11875.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Glad you are back home and safe.
Now, catching up with your pipes and tobaccos is going to be the best of all worlds.
I did that after a 20-year hiatus. Haven't looked back.
Welcome back!

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Two Years? A broad? She wouldn't let you smoke??
Haha, I'm actually getting her to try smoking a pipe when we get home. I'm thinking I'll get her started on Lane 1-Q, or Trout Stream for her first try.
Glad you are back home and safe.
Now, catching up with your pipes and tobaccos is going to be the best of all worlds.
I did that after a 20-year hiatus. Haven't looked back.
Welcome back!
Pretty excited to be coming home next month. Hopefully I can round up a few more fixer upper estates once we get settled and I have the time to throw some elbow grease into it.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Thanks for the warm welcome back. :) Guess my little brother bought a gandalf pipe (the way he described it) and some grocery store pipe tobacco. Might be able to get him to visit and get him to try some other tobaccos and maybe go home with a few more pipes.
The wife also wants to try smoking a pipe with me, she's just afraid of tongue bite. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.