PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
This post is a while in the making (my trip was in 2016...) but I had misplaced the photos for some time.
Before our trip I had hoped to be able to visit what I consider the Olivander's Wands of the Pipe world and it truly did not disappoint. I picked up a gorgeous military mount billiard of the owners own RVK brand; black and rusticated.
When we first got to the shop it was closed and appeared I would miss my opportunity. I pretended looking in through the window would be good enough but the next day my wife surprised me by saying we should go back and sure enough it was open! Anyone going to Paris should check it out. It is a very small shop but their are loads and loads of pipes, both estate and unsmoked.
U6AW3T.jpg

waCZA9.jpg

0HXNWG.jpg

xChq57.jpg

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
No I have never had the pleasure of writing for the NASPC. The shop was on my radar from an article I read, but I do not remember where I picked it up.
There are a few pipe shops in Paris. There was another one around the corner actually, much more traditional but with an excellent selection. It was named A la Civette and I picked up a nice Rattray poker.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I copy pasted the picture links to the first post, and deleted second post.
Nice place, great pictures by the way.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I copy pasted the picture links to the first post, and deleted second post.
How did you do that? I can't open photos that are on photobucket.
Nice place, great pictures by the way.
yes, very nice! The two shops I heard that had pipes were closed when I was in Paris, but I did pick up a butane lighter as a souvenir. Wish I could have found L'Oriental!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was surprised at their youth if those are the proprietors, and I assume they bought or inherited the shop from an earlier generation or two. What a great curiosity shop, along with the substantial pipe inventory. Paris is a vast treasure trove, and it's hard to find a bad meal.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I have to confess that the language barrier was a bit of a difficulty but the sense I got was the woman pictured was the proprietor. That’s me holding the pipe I bought and I think I my excitement is quite apparent and unabashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.