PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbilliard

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
Great place to visit, so much to see. Got some Toscano cigars and 2 new Savinelli's
https://plus.google.com/114681891890218613691/posts/FVTqC3fNx9e

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
Very nice pictures. I love seeing all the architectural details in every buildings. All your pictures are so sharp, what camera did you carry with you?

kingbilliard

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
I had my GoPro Hero3+ and few with a iphone 4S, that iphone (my girlfriends) was later pick-pocketed, but she had already sent me the pictures from inside the tobacco shop so they were saved on my phone. Gotta watch your stuff on the street there. Carried our money and passports in a money belt.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
Thanks for the info. I hope your trip wasn't ruined by the event... Thanks again for sharing with us!

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Nice pictures. Looks like it was beautiful weather for the trip.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Wow, some great pics there. Looks like a wonderful place to visit....other than the phone getting pinched. :puffy:

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Wife and I went there in the late 90's on a week long tour of the major cities. One of my favorite countries for sure.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
My wife and I may go next Spring, God willing. Can you get some deals on Savinellis while you're in Italy? I mean, significantly better than if bought stateside?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Looks like you had a great trip! Love the Cabellas hat and nice shot here.
GOPR1048.JPG

kingbilliard

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
I don't think pricing is better on Savinelli's in Italy, it seemed to come out about the same as a pipe bought in the US. But its a fun memento to buy one or two in Italy.

anchovyd

Might Stick Around
May 17, 2015
You lucky SOB. That's awesome, man I wish that I could go back sometime soon. Giovanni is great, I bought quite a few pipes from him when I visited Florence. I've been three times and picked up a Rinaldo, an Il Ceppo and really nice Ser Jacopo. I also loaded up with toscano cigars. He's got a great selection of pipes and tobaccos.
I was amazed when I stumbled upon Castellano's in back of the Duomo on my first visit to Florence in the early 90's. It looks like such a small place but it is loaded. The stores here in the US that I've been to are all much bigger but have a far smaller selection. His pipes per square foot density must be through the roof.
Peace Out,

AnchovyD

Status
Not open for further replies.