Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
First off, a big thank you to bonehed! I received a sample of the famed blend on Thursday, and could hardly keep my nose out of the bag. This is some of the best smelling tobacco I've had yet. I decided to smoke small bowls and spread it out to get a better feel for the blend. I have had two bowls so far, in a fresh MM Pride, and I have to say, it's... Good. I don't know if I was expecting too much, but my socks remained firmly on my feet. Will I try to score a bag? Yes, but not for an inflated price. My curiosity is satisfied, but I would like to get a better feel for the blend. I did enjoy the faint eucalyptus/menthol taste, and the Orientals were very well balanced in the blend. At least now I have one less blend on my "gotta try" list. Thanks again, bonehed.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I think it's a great blend but not something I go completely nuts over. If I come across a bag or tin at the right price, I'll certainly pick one up but it's not something I go to great lengths to seek out. I've found blends from C&D, GLP, Gawith etc that I found just as enjoyable for my tastes and have no problem finding when I need them.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Every time this thread comes up you can count on some guy to mention he can get Penz whenever he wants but prefers to let the plebs fight over it while he looks down his snoot with a pipe full of mystery blend (never gets disclosed), because that's the real good stuff, man.
Kudos to you sir.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Seems a good place to post. Thank you, bonehed. I smoked my sample over the weekend as well. I shared it with my pipe-smoking mentor and my Brother (in-law). We all liked it, but I am no longer sad that it is so hard to get. If it ever becomes readily available I'll keep it on hand but I won't chase it.
It was a deliciously subtle blend. The best I can come up with for a description is that it tasted like cigarette smoke if cigarettes weren't awful. Almost a pure Tobacco with a capital T flavor. Very enjoyable. I understand why some people love it to death.

meme5_zpsf02d2a03.jpg

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Not all of us are like that. I share when I can. Once I get my cellar back up to snuff then I will share it again. Hey if anyone is near me in NC I would be glad to sit with you and share some 16 year old Penzance.

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Every time this thread comes up you can count on some guy to mention he can get Penz whenever he wants but prefers to let the plebs fight over it while he looks down his snoot with a pipe full of mystery blend (never gets disclosed), because that's the real good stuff, man.
yep.

Dec 24, 2012
I can get Penzance anytime I want, but I prefer to let you plebs fight it out while I look down my snoot while I smoke Mixture 79, because it's the real good stuff, man.
Ditto. Losers.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I can get Penzance anytime I want, but I prefer to let you plebs fight it out while I look down my snoot while I smoke Mixture 79, because it's the real good stuff, man.
We know you love mixture 79 like it's mixture 69.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo per
re "16 year old Penzance? Can you still taste the Lat. after that long?"
Yes - Pz actually ages rather well, especially compared to Syrian Lat blends. I've long preferred Pz with a few years on it, whereas I like most Lats young, fresh and bright.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.