Tags:   

My Thoughts on Mac Baren Honey & Chocolate

(4 posts)
  1. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My thoughts on Mac Baren Honey & Chocolate: a review

After a couple of bowls I think that this blend smokes better in a larger (Country Gentleman) bowl than a smaller (Legend) one. The moisture content is very close to perfect out if the tin; if it needs any drying time it is minimal. The tin note is nice: not too sewer but definitely of dark chocolate and a hint of honey. The charring light tasted almost exactly like the tin note. However, the true light sometimes tastes a bit ashy but not always; the times I experienced this ashiness were times I had allowed some extra drying time. After a few puffs the taste comes back to just what the tin note and charring light gave: not overly sweet but tasty. The flavors seem to hold up through the bowl pretty consistently if one doesn't get it too hot; get this blend too hot and you will loose all the honey taste, which is light to start with. Slow down and let it cool back off and back comes the flavor. So, slow smoking is definitely the key to getting the best flavors from this blend. I can't see this one being an everyday smoke for me, more like once a week. If you like or are looking for a not too sweet chocolate blend this one is definitely worth trying.

Greg
    Posted 9 months ago #
  2. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I tried this blend a couple of years ago when I first got into pipe smoking. I think I was really screwing it up by my poor technique/crappy pipe, etc. I think I may revisit this blend sometime. I traded mine off to someone. Let me ask you Greg, does it seem to have any cigar like taste to you? That was my big turn off with it was it reminded me (somewhat) of a cheap cigar. Glad you enjoy it!

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 9 months ago #
  3. pylorns

pylorns

Login to Send PM

May have to give it a try. Although this comment was funny:"

The tin note is nice: not too sewer but definitely of dark chocolate and a hint of honey.

Freudian slip? j/k

Posted 9 months ago #
  4. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Let me ask you Greg, does it seem to have any cigar like taste to you?

Yes, actually, that would be a good comparison to the ashy taste I got after the charring light. But it dissipated within the first quarter bowl, less actually.

Freudian slip? j/k

I really hate autocorrect sometimes! LOL

Posted 9 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   fishnbanjo, barleynbaccy, eightywon, tuold, antbauers