PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
No one has called me out on this, so maybe no one's noticed. (Or maybe everyone's learned to avoid my posts! :) ) But in doing some searches on past topics, I realize that I have frequently recommended one blend when I actually meant another. I've been mixing up two Germain blends in my head: Royal Jersey Original Latakia Mixture and Special Latakia Flake. The giveaway is when I refer to "Royal Jersey Original Latakia Flake," a blend that, as far as I know, doesn't actually exist. Whenever I've written that, I actually meant Special Latakia Flake.
The thing is that I've often meant to recommend the SLF when folks have been looking for Penzance substitutes. Nowadays, it's not much more readily available, but that is the one I'd turn to if I ran out of Penzance. It's very very close -- if it isn't, in fact, the exact same product. Not only is the flavor profile different with the Royal Jersey OLM, it's a completely different cut.
So my apologies for any confusion.
Bob

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I, for one, always read your posts. :clap:

I never would have caught the misstatement though, because I usually move on to another thread when I see the L-word.

Status
Not open for further replies.