My Storient LVC Order Story.

(115 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by voorhees
  • Latest reply from numbersix
  1. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I cannot believe a retailer would use that kind of language.

I strongly agree... I can't believe a retailer would be that unprofessional.

Like what "You" smoke, and smoke what "You" like.....Regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have an old African Meer that I won on Ebay about 7 months ago for $20.00 and it is wonderful, yes sometimes less is indeed more. Cultural or not this type of behaviour is unacceptable. No gentlemen should conduct themselves in this manner. Maybe I am an old fashioned woman, but men like this were regarded as boorish.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

From what has been said to members here, from the weird to vulgar to lies I wouldnt buy one of his pipes if he was on my doorstep pipe in hand. Sucks cause they are beautiful pics on his site, but I want none of my money in his pocket.

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And here I really wanted a Storient and believed everyone defending him, he makes really pretty pipes. It is all a big shame.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
    Mark Twain
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. jerry

jerry

Login to Send PM

Storient doesn't make pipes. Storient sells pipes. There are many talented and gifted meerschaum carvers, and many merchants who sell them - both in Turkey and in the U.S.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Eric, Smoking Pipes sells them (they have one left ATM).

These folks have 6 Storients, $120 each: http://www.tobaccopipes.com/storient-meerschaum-pipes/

Rich has 5 of 'em: http://www.4noggins.com/storientmeerschaum.aspx

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

1. I want the LVC
    2. I can't afford it
    3. Still sad
    4. Thanks for trying

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Eric you will find that perfect pipe for yourself. I have seen quite a few nice ones on Ebay from time to time. Also check jamesislandpiper.com he gets some very nice Meerschaum pipes in the estate section, along with other places that have been mentioned earlier.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

waymon

Login to Send PM

I am a long time lurker here and joined up because I saw this thread. I seem to remember reading a few threads about this Storient that are no longer available to read. Maybe if they were left up some of you could have been warned about him. I have not dealt with him but after reading the warnings posted here and on other forums I never will!!! He WAS treated like a God, and those who complained about him were alienated, their posts and thread deleted, and some have even been banned or have left the forums. Maybe now when a warning about a seller appears you will take them more seriously. To the original poster, I hope you get your pipe!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

waymon

Login to Send PM

Oh, and here is a little heads up for the mods and administrator, just in case he tries to come back here. Yavuz also goes by the name Jason H. Binder.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Look, I am not trying to defend Storient. It seems clear that there was some pretty lousy service and unprofessionalism. However, this all seems to be going a bit far for my taste. I haven't see any allegations that have gone beyond that and I certainly haven't seen any allegations of fraud or cheating Now we have people expressly joining the site just to pile on, proclaiming some drivel about Storient having been treated like a god. It is all getting just a bit ridiculous.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have been a member here for over a year. I didn't even know of this seller till June 2012.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

waymon

Login to Send PM

Look, I am not trying to defend Storient. It seems clear that there was some pretty lousy service and unprofessionalism. However, this all seems to be going a bit far for my taste. I haven't see any allegations that have gone beyond that and I certainly haven't seen any allegations of fraud or cheating Now we have people expressly joining the site just to pile on, proclaiming some drivel about Storient having been treated like a god. It is all getting just a bit ridiculous.

I didn't join to just pile on! I'm just saying its not like people were not warned! If the threads hadn't been deleted so the new members could see those warnings, maybe they wouldn't have ordered from him. I didn't say anything bad about Storient! I'm not trying to start anything. What is ridiculous is that he was able to sell and participate here as long as he did! I have read and seen some of the comments this guy had posted elsewhere, believe me PM is better off without him!

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY: I looked up storient and his avatar and all is still there but instead of member or whatever it says banned...is this new or Kevin screwing around??? Usually when someone gets banned they appear as anonymous

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 1 year ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Well I know Kevin said he banned Mangers and I looked him up - Mangers has "banned" under his name as well...

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

maybe its a new look, kinda like the walloshame

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It sure takes a lot to get banned here! That's a pity!

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

If he keeps sending me threatening emails trying to charge back his fees on Pay Pal for the advertising 6 months ago, contacting my host to shut down the site, harassing all 3 mods with relentless emails, threatening to contact the FBI Internet crimes division, and more, there will be a much bigger wall of shame when I start publishing all of his emails to me.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 1 year ago #
  19. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

@waymon

Oh, and here is a little heads up for the mods and administrator, just in case he tries to come back here. Yavuz also goes by the name Jason H. Binder.

Yes. I know.

He contact Brian for an interview saying his friend Jason is helping with his blog and wants to interview him. When Brian replied to him that his friend Jason's English was poor, then Storient admitted that he was actually Jason.

He has it in writing in an email.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. User has not uploaded an avatar

waymon

Login to Send PM

@Kevin
    I haven't seen any if his emails but I have heard from others that he can be real crude! I think you should publish a few of them so people can see what kind of person they are dealing with. From what I have read, he sure wouldn't hesitate publishing them if they were aimed at him!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I think it's time to stop this. This is not "60 Minutes."

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You do not know everything this person said and did, no one is making this 60 minutes. You are telling the owner of this pipe forum to stop ?

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Yes, I am.

I'm over this. He's gone, it's over. We need to put the violins away and move on.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

waymon

Login to Send PM

Yes, I am.

I'm over this. He's gone, it's over. We need to put the violins away and move on.

Then move on sir! You don't have to read this thread if you don't choose to! He may be gone but what he has said lingers in the minds of those he said it to!

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well said waymon and Kevin what you have posted is a jaw dropper about this person.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As soon as I get my pipe and report that it can be over. Kevin gave me permission to do so. I have not given Yavuz any reason to be anything other than cooperative, since I was still out 165 bux. The nice lady from MA sent it out with Fedex today, so I should have it any day. I will move on after that.

Jason
    Posted 1 year ago #
  27. martiniman

martiniman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

WOW

Good luck Voorhees, sounds like an uphill battle, keep us informed.........

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm with roth. The situation sucks, life sucks, needless drama (like is seen in this thread) sucks. We have the info and a board member or 2 is (hopefully) feeling a lot better about a crappy situation. As the old expression goes "You can get over it or stay pissed off forever...those are the choices."

Let's not keep...

EDIT: @the OP. You have every right to be pissed off and this was not directed at you.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  29. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Do you think that resale prices might be affected, after buying Storients recommended by many here, be reduced in value?

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Do you think that resale prices might be affected, after buying Storients recommended by many here, be reduced in value?

No. The pipes are nice, apparently the distributor isn't.

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. dottle

dottle

Login to Send PM

Ill take 5, COD

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, Storient sounds very vindictive. I should have known something was up when I e-mailed them and asked about purchasing one of their Storient 2012 PM pipes, and this is the reply I received:

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. lazybugger

lazybugger

Login to Send PM

HAHA that is a pretty unique looking pipe , slightly off track i was wanting to get a meerschaum myself ... are there anygood recommendations of where i can look .. not after anything fancy just a plain solid good quality pipe

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

35. lazybugger

lazybugger

Login to Send PM

Ty sir

Posted 1 year ago #
  36. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I got banned last year for saying the same things you people are saying about that irisponsible Meerschaum pipe seller.... Storient.
    Within minutes of Storient putting up the PM2012 and the Van Cleef I emailed him and asked, when will I receive the 2 pipes if I order now. he said in 3 weeks. So I ordered them both. 4 weeks pass and I don't have the pipes. I email him and he said that he doesn't have the stem material yet ans he is still waiting for it. I said had I known those pipes weren't made and ready to ship I wouldn't have ordered. he said they will he the in a few more weeks. I said OK. Weeks and weeks go by and I email him again and ask where are my pipe that I am starting to get concerned. Then he threaten to sue me. So I waited many weeks more and no pipes. I do a charge back with my credit card company. That evening when I get home from work I find a package at my door. Its the Van Cleef, the PM2012 isn't there. The Van Cleef is damaged. It had a bad scratch on the stem. Not this minor scratch he claimed.
    So I post the Van Cleef for sale on PM. Everyone on the forum trashes me for doing so. 3 pages of trashing me for saying the same things you people are saying about him now.
    When he sees the pipe for sale he posts lies about our communication and all you people believe him. He refunds my money right there in front of everyone to look good in front of all you and you believe him without knowing my side.

Then the fool emails me after he refunds my money in front of all of you people here....after I already took my money back through a charge back and tells me I being illegal for getting 2 refunds. Telling me I better do something about it. I told him I'm not doing anything. That he knew I already took my money back through a charge back and you knew it. That I am not wasting anymore time on you. That if he want the refund he so foolishly gave me to look good in front of all you people on here that he can get it himself.
    After he and all you on here get through bashing me I get banned.

This is sutallee

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh this is going to end well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All this is easily resolved by a distributor 1) shipping the advertised product, 2) free of damage, 3) in a timely manner. How hard is that, really?

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So sutallee...on your original account, do you still have your avatar and it says banned or are you anonymous?
    I mean lets get all the important stuf out in the open here

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Mod

Login to Send PM

Well I know Kevin said he banned Mangers and I looked him up - Mangers has "banned" under his name as well...

It is my understanding that Mangers and Storient had multiple IPs associated with their respective accounts.
    Kevin had no desire to ban the entire country of Turkey just to ban a couple of individuals. Therefore; their Avatars remain and are designated as "Banned".

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  41. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Chris...there you go again, running your mouth about something you know nothing about. Call it what you want, unanimous, banned. I wasn't able to log in after all you most of you so foolishly worshiped the Meer God. What a joke!
    And you are a fool.

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

I'm closing this and will re-open for Voorhees to give his final report.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Final update: After shipping domestic to myself. I received the pipe this am. I do have a couple of issues. But first, the pipe is beautiful(the artisans do good work), I will attach a picture. Secondly, the case it came in is not right, its supposed to be a coffin for the pipe....I get a velvet lined box. Meh. Thirdly, according to Storients website and Yavuz I would be getting two smaller meer pipes as a bonus. They were not in the box, but after all this I wasn't surprised. I can only hope that he will refund the additional shipping for the domestic shipping.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks nice! I got a similar case with mine and also never received the bonus pipe that was promised due to the long wait. Hopefully it will be a good pipe for you!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  45. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's a great looking looking pipe. It's a real shame that Yavuz seems like such a loose cannon. Maybe it's the solar flares.

"Be seeing you" —Number Six, The Prisoner

Posted 1 year ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sailorjeremy, zzeman, arno665