My Storient LVC Order Story.

(115 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by voorhees
  • Latest reply from numbersix
  1. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was going to withhold my experience with ordering a LVC pipe from Storient, but events up to now have made me less likely to wait until it was in my hands and then report.
    A little history first, I ordered a supposedly "in stock" "ready to ship" LVC pipe from Storient on Dec. 28th 2012. Given the holidays, I figured I would wait until after the 1st of January to check the status and get a tracking #. January 5th I was told in 3 days I would get my pipe(no tracking info given), however somehow my pipe was misshipped to another customer in the USA and their pipe was shipped to me. After 1 attempt(signature required) to deliver to me, the package was rerouted(by Storient) to the correct address(this was Jan 22nd). Mine was supposed to be in my hands in a few days.
    Now on January 29th I told Yavuz I was quite concerned about how long it was taking and knowing the shipping industry well, I said the pipe is either lost or damaged at this point. Yavuz said he would send a new pipe and would give me tracking info. Days passed and no tracking info still. So, again I emailed Yavuz and explained how the events had led to some restless nights since I spent alot of money on the pipe and had nothing.
    On Feb 4th Yavuz informed me a pipe was sent that day and he would give me the fedex tracking. Again no tracking was supplied even after begging for it.
    So today I see an email that the pipe is in Attleboro, MA and it would be here in about a day...so I'm thinking is this the original pipe or the one he was supposed to ship out last week as replacement? Either way I'm pretty ticked off at this point. I called the Fedex he supplied me and they could not help and transferred me to another and they tried looking the package up by recipient address. No luck this way either. Still no tracking number.
    BTW, I sent a total of 25 emails on my order since early January.

So,I fired off this email to him this morning....
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Yavuz,

I called the number you gave me and they do not have record of a shipment coming to me. Is this the pipe that was lost or is this the replacement you were supposed to ship out monday? I cannot believe this. I am totally not amused at this point and while I was hoping to enjoy a nice pipe, it will now forever be tarnished by the events.

I know you are a busy man with lots of orders, but the attention to detail on my order has been lacking. I cannot say I will be ordering again.

Respectfully,
    Jason Hanson
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still want my pipe, but feel efforts in shipping/delivery are sorely lacking. I can only hope the pipe is in good condition and I can wash my hands of this very soon.
    I did not write this to drag Yavuz through the mud, but wanted the events to be known by the members of this forum.

Thanks,
    -Jason

Jason
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's not dragging someone through the mud if it is the truth.

Just saying. I have no horse in this race, just calling it like it is.

It is not like you were told shipment would take 1.5 months - you were told it would take days. If you were informed it could take 4-6 weeks then I wouldn't get too bent out of shape if it took 7 weeks or 8 weeks (things happen) but any longer than that would clearly be unacceptable. For your purposes, it has dragged out to an unacceptable length of time because you expected to have your pipe in early January.

Nobody should have to go through that song and dance just to get what they paid for - whether it is a pipe or a book or building supplies it doesn't matter...

I have stepped out of the market for a meerschaum for the time being because unless you find a top of the line block meerschaum from a good brand name in a B&M somewhere, there are too many question marks involved to justify the invariably high prices...

(I even question the notion of a good brand name in the meerschaum world - variability is so high that you almost have to take it on a pipe by pipe basis)

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hope the pipe finds you and the ordeal is over with soon. I would like to commed you on explaining the situation in a far more respectful manner than I would have been able to if put in the same situation

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's sad when stuff like this happends.

Pretty simple to fix... "Oh you got the wrong pipe? Lemme send you the right one and a return pack for the wrong one."

Shouldn't have taken more than a week.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Dervis....I've had my moments during this time, but I was only punishing myself by being aggravated.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have heard similar stories, but international shipping is always a toss up and tracking is always unreliable whn coming to or from overseas.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have read several stories like this regarding meerschaum vendors. Frankly, this holds me back from purchasing a meer. Shame they can't get their collective acts together. They should just sell through SP and P&C. It would be better for their brand and they would do better in the long run.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

shantiques, to a point I agree with you, but I worked in international shipping for 10 years, especially the middle east. You can bet they get their shipping details or tracking numbers once the boat sailed. I guess not all feel the same in the end however. You had better not make them feel like a "sucker"(a favorite term of that region)well, I feel like a "sucker" right now.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I won't cast any aspersions on anyone because there's always two side of every issue.

There's so many possible "what if's" when ordering this way. An evaluation of the risk factors lead me to believe that, as Simenon says, for meerschaums anyway, new meers should probably be purchased from a B&M, or a vendor I am familiar with, on this side of the pond.

I know it's more difficult to find the exact meer in the USA, and coordinating a custom commission with someone here in the States is virtually impossible, but while many have had a pleasant, seamless and totally satisfactory experience ordering directly, there's just too many horror stories to convince me to place an order with an overseas vendor/maker for a meer.

Probably the best route is to seek a meerschaum at a pipe show. The pipes are all there to examine and the customer can deal with the vendor face-to-face.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Personally, in the end, I'm satisfied with the Storient my son got me. It came fairly quick and the block is, as far as I can tell, of good quality. There are a few small cosmetic-ish things that bothered me but it smokes very well. Smokingpipes.com does, from time to time, carry Storient pipes and may be a better way to at least consider going. IIRCC, Yavuz said he had only one carved that can do the LVC so if one gets lost/ damaged it could take a while to get another.

In case this seems as if I'm defending him as if he has no fault I'm not. Heck, I'm still waiting on a tamper to match my pipe that got forgotten and that was October I think. In the end I hope your pipe shows up and you enjoy it. I hope that after a few good bowls through it all the "junk" will fade and you can enjoy your pipe; that is how it's gone for me at least.

Greg
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear it voorhees. Hope you get it worked out.

Sounds like many here want to give Storient the benefit of the doubt. He talks a good game, but after hearing the same experience over and over again, these issues sound more like the norm that occasional mishaps.

"Be seeing you" —Number Six, The Prisoner

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. dottle

dottle

Login to Send PM

Im pissed off for you, i know what its like waiting on something that was supposed to be shipped,,, and not being even close to being delivered when expected ,or not at all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. joshremy

joshremy

Login to Send PM

Dang. I was looking at storient pipes. I hope your pipe arrives safe and sound.I'm big on customer service, and these stories make me hesitant. It seems rather hit or miss on this case.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G. K. Chesterton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When storient first became a sponsor on this site there was NOTHING but positive feedback.

He also posted on the forums very often and personally took care of any problems with speed and class.

It's a shame to hear this story.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. portascat

portascat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One bad experience does not a bad vendor make.

I have one bad feedback on Ebay on a sale I made. Believe me, I did everything I could from start of the transaction to the end to do it right. I still got bad feedback.

Not saying the poster did anything wrong. But sometimes shit happens.

"To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Odd, I don't have a meer and actually was going to order one of those cool LVC pipes as my first meer. However, I e-mailed them to inquire and never heard a response. Sounds like maybe I'm lucky.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. lazybugger

lazybugger

Login to Send PM

when i read this i was amazed this is EXACTLY what happened to my friend ... and i mean pretty much exactly end of the story is a month after it was supposedly shipped and after repeatedly failing to supply tracking numbers a complaint was lodged with paypal which stopped payment going thro ... all of a sudden emails were getting responded to and promises of sending the pipe ... short version is .... once fedex confirmed the tracking numbers he gave all was ok ... but after my friends experiance and if you read between the lines from i would say most of his customers something is not right ... man and its coming to NZ we get ripped off enuf... my suggestion .. use paypal ... at the very first sign of being messed round lodge a complaint and stop payment ..... all of a sudden things happen.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. poligerard

poligerard

Login to Send PM

I bought their pipes when I saw them at smokingpipes.com and ok they are really good pipes.
    I was so confident with it so I bought a wolf pipe directly from them.The pipe is good but it took almost 2 months to get my pipe !

It's a real shame.

I was not able to get fedex tracking for the first 3 weeks.Instead;I got emails from storient that I would get my fedex tracking very soon.

How can one shipment take almost 2 months ????

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After some investigation, seems the person(in Mass.) who received my pipe in error has been holding onto it for over 2 weeks. Not sure why she has or what could be done about it, but Yavuz is trying very hard to get it remedied. As I stated before this was not an attempt to slander Storient or Yavuz, but merely a informative post about my experience.
    However, I cannot begin to figure out why she held this package for so long. It borders on theft at this point.

-Jason

EDIT

I actually traded emails with the lady with my pipe, seems she has been waiting 2-3 weeks for a new address label when all she had to do was refuse the package and let Fedex deal with it....GRRRRRR.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Every pipe I ordered had structural flaws like cracked shanks, bowls, and bands not being cut right (gouging the stem) 3-4 times per pipe... I'd give anything to simply recieve on a couple months late in good condition. I feel like online vendors just let us down in general and the in store ones want twice the value of the pipe. At this point I only trust the small pipe makers and pipe restoration people...

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
    Mark Twain
    Posted 1 year ago #
  21. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

The pipe is good but it took almost 2 months to get my pipe !

It's a real shame.

I was not able to get fedex tracking for the first 3 weeks.Instead;I got emails from storient that I would get my fedex tracking very soon.

How can one shipment take almost 2 months ????

Much of Turkey is rural and you can't just hop on the freeway to get there. Meerschaum pipe making, from what I read, will soon be a lost art. The Master Carvers are dying off and very few of the younger generation care to replace them. Add to that, Yavuz (Storient) is more of a distributor, not a manufacturer -- he is totally dependent on a specific carver to actually make every pipe. If the carver is sick, visiting his daughter, or plain-ass just doesn't feel like working this week, it is what it is.

Unless the pipe is already made and in stock, 2-3 months is not very long at all to wait for a custom pipe.

What actually sucks is broken promises, a pipe going to the wrong address (and other shipping issues), and finally receiving a pipe with construction issues and/or is damaged on receipt.

I actually traded emails with the lady with my pipe, seems she has been waiting 2-3 weeks for a new address label when all she had to do was refuse the package and let Fedex deal with it....GRRRRRR.

Well the reality of life is there a ton of reasons this can and does happen.

Here's one way, happens here at our place all the time. My wife gets a lot of packages from all the various carriers. Silly me, I just assume it's for her and I sign for it. In the pile the package goes. Then it easily can be a week or two before she actually looks at the package, unless someone representing the carrier comes by or calls.

Remember, it's not that lady's package who received it in error. She's in no way motivated, thus in absolutely no hurry to take care of someone else's problem. In fact, it's really fortunate the package was found -- many are "lost" forever.

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ya mate, sorry for your troubles. This seems to happen an awful lot to alot of people with a certain maker. I have no personal experience to draw on, so I can only say I hope all turns out well for you.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  23. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

Much of Turkey is rural and you can't just hop on the freeway to get there.

I don't know what this has to do with meerschaum making or late delivery, postal service or anything but much of Turkey is not rural and Ankara where Altınok is or Eskişehir where the meerschaum is not rural. Ankara is actually a 2 hours drive from Eskişehir.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I don't know what this has to do with meerschaum making or late delivery, postal service or anything but Ankara where Altınok is or Eskişehir where the meerschaum is not rural. It's actually a 2 hours drive.

I'm just repeating what I was told some years ago by someone I met who, IMO, knew what he was talking about -- he owned a certain company in Nashville and sold it to Davidoff a couple three years ago.

Even putting that rural thing aside, a 2 hours drive isn't next door. And, AFAIK, hearing this from more than one in the meerschaum pipe business in Turkey, dealing with master carvers can be problematic and this is not uncommon. Yavuz, for example, said he only had one person who could carve the LVC.

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

I'm just repeating what I was told some years ago by someone I met who, IMO, knew what he was talking about -- he owned a certain company in Nashville and sold it to Davidoff a couple three years ago.

If you ever come by this side of the pond, give me a call; I would love to show you around if you wanna see/hear a local.

Even putting that rural thing aside, a 2 hours drive isn't next door.

Well we have phones and internet too

And, AFAIK, hearing this from more than one in the meerschaum pipe business in Turkey, dealing with master carvers can be problematic and this is not uncommon. Yavuz, for example, said he only had one person who could carve the LVC.

Not having enough carvers or spoiled ones is another problem though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. martiniman

martiniman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just won a meerschaum churchwarden on eBay and was quoted 34-36 days for delivery.

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. lazybugger

lazybugger

Login to Send PM

i can understand there can be all sorts of issues from waiting on carvers , being rural , lost post just all sorts. Here is what bothers me and it seems to be a theme, if a pipe is in stock for immediate delivery why would it take 30 days? . Why are no tracking numbers provided? And after emails back and forth where he stated he would provide tracking numbers and that it had sent it then took withholding of funds before a honest reply of " do you still want me to send the pipe" to come through.
    i think most people want to believe the best and are very understanding of all sorts of problems but thats just blatant lying.
    In storients defense tho i cant really see anyone saying anything bad about the pipes when/if they recieve them and everyone really seems to enjoy them . I am even wanting one but i will not be dealing with them directly but rather through somone more reputable who happens to have one i want in stock

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. portascat

portascat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am even wanting one but i will not be dealing with them directly but rather through somone more reputable who happens to have one i want in stock

that is awesome.

You want a Storient pipe, and instead of dealing with the guy who provides them, you will wait until a reputable character has one for sale.

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is obvious to me that when Storient lists a pipe in stock it is not a true statement. He takes orders off of stock pictures and then has people carve them. His problems are all his own making by not being up front with people and being honest. There is never any excuse for having to beg for a shipping number and then being ignored. I would have just contacted my credit card company and disputed the order, got my money back and be done with it. Buying a pipe should never be this difficult yet we hear these stories time and time again. Customer service and communication is key for anyone in the pipe business, and ignoring your customers is a sure way to be put out of business.

Jason, you have every right to be pissed off and you are doing everyone in the pipe community a great service by telling everyone of your experiences with this company. You have been more than patient and I applaud you for your restraint in this matter.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  30. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Exactly right!

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bravo Harris. Great points.

I don't know why a few people go out of their way to defend some of the practices that are going on in the meerschaum business. Things will never change if we just put up with it...

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. User has not uploaded an avatar

david

Login to Send PM

If ever you want a meer pipe in the future deal with altinok. In his 10+ years he has never had a problem with his shipping. All the horor stories that ive read have come from storient. I dont get it this is one of the biggest pipe forums in the world and you guys are all backing storient like a god. Jump to other forums and hes getting trashed.

Now smokingpipes have stocked up on storient because their deal with imp has gone sour so now im mad that storient is getting more exposure when he should not.

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can assure you that I have made my case known about this seller. It was not received well, and it is a shame as this is the forum I had read for along time and learned so much from.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. User has not uploaded an avatar

david

Login to Send PM

Yup when a bad seller pops up it is the duty of the forum to ban him or remove his banner not treat him like a god. For this reason this forum will never be number one.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's a damn shame, because that Lee Van Cleef pipe is pretty cool.

Posted 1 year ago #
  36. User has not uploaded an avatar

david

Login to Send PM

Storient is not the only lvc seller , altinok does it also.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

Seems like people think I was defending Storient, Altınok or any other maker/seller here; I wasn't. I was just trying to explain that tracking info not being updated is not the seller's fault, 3 weeks for an overseas delivery in December is quite normal and Turkey is not exactly as you think it is.
    Same thing for the other thread too; http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/altinok-meerchaums

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. poligerard

poligerard

Login to Send PM

David I am done with turkish sellers!!!

Look and this is about altinok : http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/general-pipe-forum/305936-terrible-experience-altinok-pipes.html

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. poligerard

poligerard

Login to Send PM

cleidophoros do not defend turkish sellers please.
    Can you compare their customer service with smokingpipes.com or pipesancigars.com ?

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

Seems like people think I was defending Storient, Altınok or any other maker/seller here; I wasn't.

cleidophoros do not defend turkish sellers please.

I am sorry but are you doing this on purpose? Have you actually read what I have been writing?

Especially in this very thread I was just talking about rural areas of Turkey, distance between Ankara and Eskişehir and availability of phone lines and internet in Turkey.

Can you compare their customer service with smokingpipes.com or pipesancigars.com ?

I have not bought from any Turkish seller so no I can not compare them. Yet I am pretty sure I can find one or two customers not satisfied with any given business on earth.

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. poligerard

poligerard

Login to Send PM

no ..sorry I did not mean it.I just asked a question.

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

cleidosphorus,

I for one was not singling you out. I was speaking in general about the tendency among some to defend indefensible practices.

I understand your argument regarding the inherent difficulties of shipping and communication in Turkey.

That is not the problem, though. The problem is that people are not getting the facts about shipping and wait times.

If it takes three months, and people are told in advance, then they won't complain until the three months are up.

If, however, they are told it will take three days they will be justifiably annoyed two months later with nary a pipe in sight.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

If ever you want a meer pipe in the future deal with altinok. In his 10+ years he has never had a problem with his shipping. All the horor stories that ive read have come from storient. I dont get it this is one of the biggest pipe forums in the world and you guys are all backing storient like a god. Jump to other forums and hes getting trashed.

Now smokingpipes have stocked up on storient because their deal with imp has gone sour so now im mad that storient is getting more exposure when he should not.

Storient is not the only lvc seller , altinok does it also.

when a bad seller pops up it is the duty of the forum to ban him or remove his banner not treat him like a god. For this reason this forum will never be number one.

You know what bothers me? A guy like this David here who has just signed up on our PM Forums to specifically trash talk another vendor. I say another vendor, because your Altinok pom-poms are showing vividly, David.

I also do not appreciate that David doesn't even veil his dislike and criticisms of PM Forums or its members.

David? You, sir. would be banned in a New York minute if I were king for a day here.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Cleidosphorus, I also appreciate your obviously well informed comments and opinions which you clearly state in a polite and respectful manner. Thank you for your input, sir.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hmm David, I don't believe I have seen Storient been lauded as a God around here.

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  46. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

I understand your argument regarding the inherent difficulties of shipping and communication in Turkey.

Actually I was just saying the opposite; there is no difficulty in shipping or communication in Turkey.
    Given the case here I guess it just means I was actually doing the opposite of defending since difficulty in shipping, communication or traveling inside Turkey is a weak excuse for a screw up.

If it takes three months, and people are told in advance, then they won't complain until the three months are up.
    If, however, they are told it will take three days they will be justifiably annoyed two months later with nary a pipe in sight.

I have not said anything about delivery times about this particular case. Honestly it seems indefensible seeing they sent two pipes to wrong addresses and refused to give tracking info in the first place. However I try not to make any comments on anything before hearing both sides so I just didn't say anything about it.

Cleidosphorus, I also appreciate your obviously well informed comments and opinions which you clearly state in a polite and respectful manner. Thank you for your input, sir.

I hope my sarcasm detector is functioning properly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It looks like I have attributed someone else's post to you - my apologies.

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is for David. Why would you be on this forum if it's not #1 or why would you want to be part of it? Feel free to leave at any time. Your 2nd post and it's neg. That's sad!

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  49. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I believe Storient was given a free pass for his lousy customer service here because he was a sponsor and he was an active member. When I got here in May he was very friendly and he seemed to really go out of his way for his customers, I then noticed a pattern of not delivering on promises and many people being upset with his business practices that were being complained about through the PM system. There were many people who were happy with him and the people who were unhappy were uncomfortable calling him out in the threads. Sometime in the fall people began telling their tales of woe with him and were summarily dismissed by many people here as being trolls or just plain whiners because he still had a large fan base especially after his POY deal.

From what I understand there are still people who have not received their POY's and many people waited months on end. Now it is clear that the people who did come here and complained back in the fall were justified and were trying to warn people about his business practices( notice I have not said a word about his product). I think we will now see a lot more people tell their tales of woe with him because he no longer has the protected status in which he used to enjoy. I know of three people who had nightmare experiences with him and have not come forward. I will never mention names so do not ask.

It is clear to me from reading about the Meer dealers in Turkey that they have a certain way of doing business and if they are called out they act like children and the aggrieved party. They are certainly not professional and I would warn any new pipe person to only buy a meer from a US company like smokingpipes where you have recourse if the product is not to your liking. If you read the link provided about altinok pipes it is clear that no one should do business with this guy. He had no right to not refund the gentlemen's cost for the return shipping and his attack on that customer is unconscionable. He is a punk who has shown his true colors.

Dave, you have obviously been member here with a different handle. You are obviously one of the people who were warning others about Storient months ago and you are pissed because of how you were treated. If you had come back here with the handle you used back then and just said I told you so, you would have garnered some support maybe, but coming back like this and taking a shot at this forum, you come off like a troll.

Posted 1 year ago #
  50. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

It looks like I have attributed someone else's post to you - my apologies.

No problem at all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Why would you be on this forum if it's not #1 or why would you want to be part of it? Feel free to leave at any time. Your 2nd post and it's neg. That's sad!

Once again: exactly right!

I remember when Storient was renowned here for his great pipes and many ppl defended him. I think it was Timely who too the brunt of it at the time. I stayed out of it, and posted no opinion, as I will now also. I am just happy that ppl are NOW seeing the dishonesty in a certain pipe maker. Yes, he does indeed make beautiful pipes and anyone would like to have one, myself included. But.... it just isn't worth the hassel.

@david I have been on this Forum for quite some time now. I enjoy it, even if I don't post as much anymore. It is a place many of us enjoy and spend hours a day reading, smoking, researching etc. Kevin has done his best, along with the Mods, to make this an enjoyable place. And, I might add, they have done a great job. Many, or most of us, do consider this the be the #1 site on the internet for pipe smokers. If you need further proof of that, just scroll down on the main Forums page about 2/3rd's and look to the left. There is an impressive list of Sponsers looking you right in the eye. Bottom line, I guess, If ya don't like here, don't let the door knob hit you on the way out. If you choose to stay, don't trash a site that means so much to the rest of us!

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

cigrmaster,thank you for what you have just said. As you might remember my problems with the seller started in late June and carried on into Nov.2012, that was a difficult time for me as the seller was saying things here that were an outright lie and I no longer felt that sticking up for myself was getting anywhere because it seemed at the time that people did not want to hear anything negative about him or his products.I find it sad that others have had bad experiences with his manner and his temper along with misleading information about shipping estimates etc. I for one would like to see an constructive discussion about him without being attacked. Not everyone here has had a good experience with him, and I would like to know if a seller has a " not so good reputation " before I spend my money on their products. I still have the box and the pipe that was returned to me as " unclaimed " from Turkey. I now read comments about sellers that get posted here and at other places, and am appreciative of all and any comments that could help me avoid problems.

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

nsfisher, thank you so much. You have no idea how much that means to me.

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No problem Girley, now git your butt back in here more regularly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

indeed mate !!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

timely, I do remember your problems and felt badly for you. I was dismayed at how he was being protected on this site, but out of respect for him being sponsor I did not say what I wanted to back then. In hindsight I wish I would have.

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you and I understand cigrmaster. It was indeed a hurtful time for me. It is good to know that I did indeed have some believers.

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, Obviously I am a lot newer to the game. And didn't get to see how much trouble this has been. I apologize for sticking my nose in when I didn't know the compete stories. And I still probably don't.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry for your troubles voorhees, hopefully you will be able to get your pipe, and if not, I hope you can at least get your money back. I am going to say this once and then shut up about it, I visit another pipe forum and there are some folks who have had similar problems with this particular seller.

Like what "You" smoke, and smoke what "You" like.....Regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  60. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Myself got blasted on here. I won Storient's slogan contest and to start He said that the wrong member won. A member that was not in the contest. after many weeks and PM's to him I did get the pipe but he did e-mail me something that was something I never thought a seller would say. He said that if I didn't get the pipe in the time he told me that I could come and F@#k him in his A$$. What a thing to say. Well the pipe never came on the date he said so I e-mailed him and told him and I also told him that I'm not gay. I did get the pipe and it is super but if one buys or wins a pipe you should not get a e-mail like that.
    PS members on here said being that I won it and not paid for it(witch I did with my slogan) that I had no gripe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Storient, who was once active on this forum, is remarkably absent from this thread.

Posted 1 year ago #
  62. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

ace57 I was told similar things by this seller, things that are very disturbing.

Posted 1 year ago #
  63. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I do have another update, the lady that had my pipe and I exchanged emails and I sent her a Fedex shipping label via email and she is going to drop off as soon as the weather allows(she lives in MA and they are being pounded with winter blizzard). I should get it this week. I will then see if Yavuz will refund the additional shipping I am paying. He said he would.
    Thanks for the support everyone.

Jason

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's just WRONG Timely just not the way to do things.

Posted 1 year ago #
  65. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree ace57. voorhees, I hope it all works out.

Posted 1 year ago #
  66. dottle

dottle

Login to Send PM

After reading all these posts, my cheap 59.00,Egg and Claw AND merrschaum is looking better and better. The pipe came in 3 days,it was carved without any flaws that I could find, smokes like a dream and Im very happy with it.
    Some times more isnt always better!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  67. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ace and Timely, I have read similar (and similarly bizarre) things about the two predominant Turkish vendors. Disturbing. Perhaps a cultural issue? But unacceptably juvenile. And hardly worthy of a sponsor. Perhaps the once active Storient will chime in an explain himself.

Posted 1 year ago #
  68. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Perhaps the once active Storient will chime in an explain himself.

{Grimancing}

I certainly hope we don't have another drama fest here again

I really don't believe more "explanations" would solve much; more than likely it would devolve quickly, as it has in all the other threads regarding this.

Posted 1 year ago #
  69. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

timely and ace, I wish I had known that he said those things to you, that is inexcusable. I cannot believe a retailer would use that kind of language.

Posted 1 year ago #
  70. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I certainly hope we don't have another drama fest here again

I dunno. That might be pretty entertaining. Let's see if he has the guts to show up and explain himself.

Posted 1 year ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   anglesey, porshcigar, natibo, 4noggins, arno665, moonman, damnyak, coalsmoke