PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Heres a pic of my stash. I have recently re-organized the area where I keep my pipes and baccy. Not completely sure what all is in there as far as tobacco but i know theres enough to last me a while. I definitely need another pipe rack too as i have 3 pipes in bags and 7 just kind of laying about. Seemed like the forum was a little slow tonight and i know posting pictures get everyone fired up. I type this as I have 3 NY Strips on the grill with a new recipe Makers Mark marinade that i tried last night. Also smoking some Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake in a Grabow Canadian.
IMG_0537.jpg

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Very nice pictures of your collection. I hope you and your family or guests enjoyed those steaks.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Nice. Looks like some of the pipes have been in a race and the one at the front crashed :D

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Haha.
The steaks were amazing. I took a glass baking pan just big enough to hold all 3 steaks. I drizzled some all in the bottom of the apn along with some red wine vinegar and some Lee & Perrins Thick Worchestire (sp?) sauce. I sprinkled in some fresh ground black pepper, garlic sea salt and some montreal steak seasoning. I then put the steaks in the pan and put red wine vinegar and regular Lee & Perrins Worchestire (sp?) sauce. I sprinkled fresh ground black pepper, garlic sea salt, and montreal steak seasoning on top of the steak. I then added 2 minced garlic cloves to each steak (yes 2!) to the top of the steak. Then i took 2 ounces of makers mark bourbon and 2 ounces of Lee and Perrins Thick Worchestire (sp?) sauce put it in a cup and stirred until it was slightly thick. I then lightly poured the mixture on the top of the steaks and stuck in the fridge for 18 hours. I put the steaks on the grill for 5 mins on medium heat and then flipped. when i flipped i added the remaining mixture to the now top side of the steak and cooked for about 8-10 minutes. The flavor of the bourbon really came through but wasnt so strong that you felt like you were drinking it on the rocks. had a decent peppery background taste to it and was all around very good.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
If you look close dave you can see the savinelli i bought from you. still one of my favorite pipes.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Your area is SOOOOOOO much cleaner than mine. I have pipes sitting about and hundreds of plastic baggies of tobacco everywhere. I really need to straighten it all up and take inventory.
So what blends do you have in your stash?
-Jason

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
So what blends do you have in your stash?
ok so i had to carry the computer downstairs for this one, so here goes:
Unopened: 3 tins of MB Vanilla Cream Flake, 2 tins of MB HH Old Dark Fired, 1 tin of OGS flake, 1 tin 2010 Peterson Holiday, 1 tin Erinmore Flake, 1 tin Sutliff Maple Street, 2 tins C&D Autumn Evening, 1 tin C&D Mocha, 1 tin C&D Milk & Honey, 1 tin 2012 McClelland Christmas Cheer, 1 tin 2012 McClelland Holiday Spirit, 1 Tin CORPS Vanilla Ice, 1 tin Two Friends Celtic Mist,
Opened But Mason Jarred: Peterson Irish Flake, Peterson Nutty Cut, Peterson 2012 Summertime, Peterson 2012 Special Reserve, Snowflake, 2012 McClelland Christmas Cheer, MB HH Old Dark Fired, MB Navy Flake, SG Chocolate Flake, MB 7 Seas Black, Sutliff Charlemagne, MB Honey & Chocolate
Then I have a variety of the ones listed above that are open that i grab out of daily. I have decided to grab out of all that I have opened but not jarred before moving onto anything else. May take me a while but will only make the unopened and jarred ones that much better.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Nice collection. I am always rearranging my pipes and stuff. I have extra stands, but feel the way I going I may end up using them. :D

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Think i will make an excel spread sheet of all these.
my cellar was very small until the thread about MC not being accepted anymore so i placed a sizable order to hold me for a while in case worse came to worse and no CC was accepting online tobacco orders.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
hawk, what are your thoughts on the 2012 xmas cheer? everytime I'm picking a tin of va to open i have to force myself not to grab for that one (not until christmas anyway). Always a great baccy, and I love the way it changes from year to year.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
This was my first VA. I was stuck mostly on aros until i received a sampling from herbindave of some VA's and my eyes were opened. I really like this blend as it is still a bit sweet but has some nice VA taste to it. the one thing i dont like about it is the cut. I wish it was either flake or ribbon. not stuck in the middle somehow. doesnt keep me from smoking it or wanting another tin, just takes some extra time. I originally only had one tin but when the thread about MC not being accepted anymore i logged onto smoking pipes.com and placed a humongous order. I added another tin to hopefully sit back and age for a few years.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I agree, the broken flake presentation is less than ideal. I buy 5 tins every year. Open one christmas of the release, one after 1,2,5, and someday 10 years. I'm still working on the 5 yr tin from 2007, man it's really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.