PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I bought this from Jasongone. I wanted to show it to you guys and see if anyone has information on it. Underneath the word Stanwell, I think it says Reginald. But I'm not sure, It's really hard to make out. Anyone know anything about it?

0425020214.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
"Regd. No. 969-48" is common on older Stanwells -- I think it references the registration of their trademark (in '48?). Or maybe some dude named Reginald decided to write his name on his pipe. :lol:

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
egd. No. 969-48" is common on older Stanwells -- I think it references the registration of their trademark (in '48?). Or maybe some dude named Reginald decided to write his name on his pipe

Possibly. I can barely read it with a magnifying glass, and I have pretty good eye sight. I don't wear glasses or anything. I'll have to see if my dad has a stronger magnifying glass.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I have seen alot of Stanwell pipes lately while looking feverishly for a HCA and I can say I didn't see a single one that looks quite like that one.Has a very unique bowl shape I like that pop you have there alot has a real cool shape and look about it.How does it smoke?

May 31, 2012

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
"Regd. No. 969-48"

I think that might be it, but it looks like 966. I didn't see a dash with more numbers, it could be faded away. I also just noticed there is something else stamped on it, but I can only see the top half, and it's really faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.