My son decided he needed a haircut. . . .

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This morning, my son asked his mother to give him a haircut. She replied, "Sure, but don't forget afterwards, you will need to take a shower outside."
He wisely decided to wait until she was fully awake.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Probably a wise decision.
Several years ago I awoke bright and early on a Saturday morning, and decided that a hair cut was the first thing on my to-do list for the day. I hadn't even had my morning coffee yet, much less breakfast, when I found myself sitting in the stylists chair answering the opening question of "How are we going to cut it today?"
What I meant to say was "short on top, with the No. 4 clipper on the sides, and blend it it." What came out of my mouth was "No. 4 on top, 3 on the sides." She asked me if I was sure I wanted it that short and I replied, "yeah, that's how I always get it cut - it's just been a long time since my last haircut." It was only as the clippers cut a nice reverse-mohawk in my hair that I realized what I'd said :eek:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My wife only cut my hair once. I think it was the "Oooops!" and laughter that runined the experience for me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of the stylists at my local haircut place put in some very fussy specifications for my haircut,

which were beyond my knowledge to even request, but I have enjoyed the haircut upgrade ever

since. Only scissor cuts for me.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Once I asked my wife to take my clippers and trim down some hair along my neck that I couldn't quite see. I told her to put it on the shortest setting to remove the unwanted hairs. She slipped, and the clippers went right up the back of my head. A cocktail of rage, frustration, and humor erupted from my mouth in a "Mother Fu****!" audible enough for the entire apartment complex to hear. We laughed, and then I begrudgingly proceeded to shave it all off. I do not have the stuff to get away with being bald, but that was my option.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Glad to know I'm not the only one that was fool enough to let their women cut their hair.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Anglesey said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that was

fool enough to let their women cut their hair.
Even in my sleep, I would never in a million years ask MrsS to cut my hair unless I intended to have all of my hair cut off ... when our kids were very young, we did some home haircuts and even at that age, the kids quickly learned that dad gave the better haircut ...

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Actually, my wife has been cutting my hair since we got married. No problem in that department. BUT not when she first wakes up. She is only barely functional for the first hour or two.
Winton

Dec 24, 2012
I can't wait until I get older and have a bald spot so I can grow my hair long on one side and comb it over. Now, that is one cool look.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I like your shaved look.. IMO the shaved look is a lot of work but a good tight buzz, beard and all is a good look.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I've been cutting my own hair since I was 14. Hand held mirror to see in back. Back then I used a little plastic doohickey that came in two halves with 3 double-edged razorblades inside, and a cut-throat barber's razor to shave my neck. Nowadays I use electric cippers and an electric razor. Every time I go to buy some expensive toy I tell my wife I can afford it because I've saved at least a million dollars on haircuts in my lifetime :)

My favorite barber shop was in Tuscaloosa. I used to love to get my hair cut. You could buy cigars, get a hot shave, get your shoes polished, and back slap over local sports, but politics and religion were off-limits (too many people concealed carry and hotheads and guns...).

Now, the only places to get a haircut here are girly places with pink walls full of hair products, and crackheaded chicks carrying sharp objects. I hate getting my hair cut now. It's like walking into a trailer park drama.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My local discount haircut place does both men and women, though mostly men seem to show up. My wife

went there for a quick styling and hated what they did, so no more of that for her. I get it trimmed every

four months, if that often, and let it grow. A short haircut makes me look austere and solemn.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
mso489 said:

I get it trimmed every four months, if that often, and let it

grow. A short haircut makes me look austere and solemn.
If I were to 'let it grow', I'd look like Grizzly Adams within two months ... I can only imagine what I'd look like after four ...

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I was a self-buzzer for years ... easy and cheap.
Now my hair is half-way down my back ... easy and cheap. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.