PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Enjoying the cool weather and fall foliage with my Stanwell Sterling Series Billiard and some Danish Black.
stowe-sm-474x600.jpg

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Absolutely beautiful six, you are one lucky man to have that kind view when smoking. Also beautiful pipe.

~Ron

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Ron - was very enjoyable. And thanks about the pipe - that pipe is one of my smallest at just over 5", but definitely one of my best smokers.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@numbersix, you are lucky; the only thing we have in common so far this evening is that I am also smoking a Stanwell - an early 50's (uncrowned "S") smooth pick-axe, light as a feather - with a small bowl packed with Brown Irish! Otherwise I'm sitting in the dog house with a wet dog in a cold wet Edinburgh! LOL

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Stanwell - an early 50's (uncrowned "S") smooth pick-axe, light as a feather
A pick-axe you say? From the '50s? Interesting, I always thought the pick-axe was a more modern (70s +) design.
Otherwise I'm sitting in the dog house with a wet dog in a cold wet Edinburgh!
lol! Could be worse, you could be in the dog house without a pipe!

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Ha Ha I'll send you a photo of the pipe at the weekend, when my colleague has fixed my pic-to-post inadequacy LOL

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That's better than my view. I've spent most of the morning watching the front yard to see if my darn mole will pop his head up so I can blast the darn thing. It could be worse I guess, I could be inside watching paint dry.
Enjoy your day numbersix. Looks like you found a great spot.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Wow nice view. Looks like it might be Vermont??
The leaves are really starting to change up by you eh? Not so much yet here in NY.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Can't wait to make it up to our vacation house in South Londonderry soon. My view isn't THAT nice, but I will snap a few pics from the deck which looks right at Magic Mountain

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice spot for a pipe Six. Colours are well on their way up here too.
My spot for my pipe tonight was a well lit man-cave with the Lakeshore Smokestacks, the view wasn't as picturesque as yours, but the conversation was good!
-- Pat

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Lovely view six. My smoking place is in front of my computer screen so not too much beauty about!
On behalf of flaky - here is the Stanwell:
623-1-800x800.jpg

Not a sharp pickaxe shape, but the shape is definitely pre-1970's. Here is a Dunhill from 1964:
668-1-800x800.jpg

kgill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 11, 2013
I'm about to get the kids into bed. Then Ill go to the deck and open my new can of McClelland Tastemaster Premium Aromatic. Probably my Nording.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@reborn, thanks for the pic, and for your gentle correction! lol It's close to a 'pick-axe' though? - maybe a 'Sharp Dubliner' - a "Cute Hoor" as they say in the South! LOL (doubt anyone else but you will notice the fancy word play?) I forgot to mention that I bought it from you, and that I absolutely love it - one ounce in weight, maybe less, and an easy clench, just like some of the Dublin lassies??

Status
Not open for further replies.