PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
Last year I planted a bunch of perennial flowers in my yard (my smoking spot)and they are finally blooming, now if could only get my wife to pick the dead flowers and mow the lawn.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That looks terrific. Creating and caring for landscaping like that is a labor of love. We have a similar setup here in Maryland. In fact, I'm out on the patio now, haven't been inside all evening. I love summer evenings and mornings.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Great Landscaping! I was wondering what to put around my pool - my wife HATES bark, rock is the answer along with ornamental grasses. Thanks for the ideas!

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
Beautiful and very restful looking place. Hope you don't have anyone doing cannonballs while your smoking your pipe near the pool.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We planted myrtle ground cover and a bunch of arbor-vitea. I love the myrtle. I don't have to mulch anymore, it doesn't climb like ivy and it self edges with the mower. The arbor vitea are seven years old, I had ten in each hand, little sprouts when they were first planted. I run a gas edger along it twice a season. We have planted everything around the house, it was a lot of work, but we now have some privacy. The patio is my smoking room from Spring to Fall, it's rare you don't find us out here.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
OK, you forced me into it - the view from my smoking chair:
bedoqs.jpg

It's a little windy, hence the detritus all over the deck and picnic table cover.
Location: Tiger Mountain, near Issaquah, Washington (23 miles SE of Seattle).

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
Al, looks great I like the covered patio and arbs for privacy, 4dot, love the totem pole fits in with your surroundings. Thanks to all. Now if I could get the kids to stay off my float and stop making waves I'll be alright.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow,I love that totem as well, that looks like a very peaceful place.
This is the landscaping/home job that I'm most proud of, and would NEVER undertake again. My wife and I dug out the base for these walk-ways to and from the patio/pool. It took us a week. Most of the flagstone pieces had to be cut to fit. I used a circular saw with a diamond blade (well, three of them). My hands and wrists were numb weeks later. But, it hasn't moved and we like the look. I reapply polymeric sand once or twice a season.
So far this season, the work to swim ratio has been way tilted towards work, but I think finally have the problems resolved and warm weather has finally arrived here.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
4dot and lockdown: Man, those are just great looking places to enjoy a pipe. Now, can either of you fellas tell me how to call off the rain, then I could go outside and sit on my unfinished deck? LOL

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
lockdown, that's a beautiful pool area. May I ask, in what part of the world are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.