PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I think I've seen it mentioned before positively, but I'm not 100% sure. Has anyone ordered from Mysmokingshop in the UK? How was the purchase and how long did it take for shipping to the U.S?

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Just looked on their website, and it appears they no longer ship tobacco to the US. Sorry. bud. I'm actually heading over to the UK to visit family at some point soon, perhaps I'll be able to get a wishlist together and bring back a few of the UK/EU exclusive goodies for folks here in the States. Not sure exactly when I'm going as of now, but I'll make a post about it once my plans are set in stone.

Jan 8, 2013
Not interested in buying tobacco from them. I assume they still ship pipes. However.... there are some blends we can't get here that I may have to get in touch with you about. :D

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Ohhh, gotcha! My bad, I just assumed it was the 'baccy you were after. Sorry I've never ordered from them so I can't give you any info, but I can surely let you and anyone else interested know before I head overseas.

Jan 8, 2013
This is kind of embarrassing... I just remembered I HAVE ordered from them myself. It's where I finally found a Rosslare Royal Irish I had been hunting for the majority of 2017 :rofl:

Jan 8, 2013
So what do you think of My Smoking Shop?

It was only my second time ordering from them (now that I remember I have :rofl: ) so I can't say much. What I can say however is I paid much less than what I would elsewhere even after shipping. It was the same with my first purchase from them. And they're photos are stock photos, so you're not really seeing the pipe you are ordering, so if more than one are available you can't choose between them based on grain patterns and the like. I found the post from that first time I used them and the shipping wait was 11 days. That's not that big of a deal since it's coming from the UK, but I know that I've gotten orders from other overseas sellers in much less time (alPascia and BollitoPipe). But twice now, I've been able to find something I've been having a hard time finding and spent less. So far the plus outweighs the negative. We shall see when my order arrives this time how I feel, although I'm still expecting a longer wait.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
g1463651432753563056.jpg

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
I've bought a few Peterson pipes from them. They were great to work with and shipped the pipes out right away. I received them in the US fairly quickly (all depends on customs).

Jan 8, 2013
I really love that you asked for a review and provided the most thorough review here. Well done, sir, well done.
:rofl: Sad thing is I've still got a few years before I can get my senior discount at International House Of Pancakes :( A little over twenty years :(

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I bought several Ben Wades and a Peterson from them over the course of 2018. Top notch shop. Items shipped within a day each time. IRC...shipping took just over a week. I will buy from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.