Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I just spent way too much in December and January. So I'm getting a February / March shopping cart limit. That's the bad news. The good news ? i can spend it now, but have to freeze my impulse purchasing until the end of March. At my current rate of smoking, I'm not panicking since I have a lot of bulk, but I wanted to stock up on the cellar a bit and add one more nice pipe (besides the bunch of estates that are in the mail somewhere). The list below will leave me just enough budget for the next two months to buy some MV-1000 and Mark Twain in bulk.
So here's the shopping cart. Any feedback on what I may be missing or should add would be greatly appreciated. Couple of disclaimers

1) No Lat blends. They just don't seem to go well with me

2) I already have about a dozen tins in the cellar. Connoiseur's choice, C&D's repose and Autumn Evening, Escudo, Orlik golden sliced are the ones that would fit in this category.

3) I consciously omitted Hal O the Wynd since it only comes in a large size. If someone wants to send me a sample before I take that leap, nuff said ;-) I can return some samples.

4) I figured out I like the VA based blends the most, either straight or with some Perique or Orientals. So anything that has wow'd you and that I'm missing is what I'm looking for.
Besides that, here's the shopping cart, have at it. Educate a newbie...with many thanks :worship:
* McClelland-Ashton Revival: Pebblecut

* Cornell & Diehl-Simply Elegant: Sunday Picnic

* Cornell & Diehl-Simply Elegant: Opening Night

* Nording-Hunters Blend: Beagle

* GL Pease-Haddo's delight

* GL Pease-Stratford

* GL Pease-Union Square

* Hearth and Home-AJ's Vaper

* Hearth and Home-Louisiana Red

* Peterson-Irish Oak
The pipe I'm adding.. is this little baby.
002-029-12376.jpg

(MOD: let me know if I should combine this with Romanza's thread since a lot of this is VA's as well)

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
I see you have several GLPease Virginia and Va/Per blends listed. I've been smoking Fillmore somewhat frequently. Seems to be an overlooked blend a lot of the time. Though I find it a very nice broken flake blend.
That Rosslare 408 is looking good. The 408 is my favorite shape. I only own one in the entry level Rock of Cashel line. Id love to have a higher end one like the Rosslare. Baccy list looks good. Pipe looks good. I say full steam ahead!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Dylan: Fillmore or Stratford ?? They were a toss-up.
ps: I owe you some pictures of that other Peterson, I had two bowls over the weekend. Smoked quite nicely. But it won't be a daily smoker since it's so old. Not a big fan of the P-lip, hence this one with a Fishtail

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Having not smoked Stratford, I can't honestly say. Save Fillmore for March, and you can be the judge 8)
Glad to hear that old 606 smoked well. P-lips are divisive for sure. I love them, but I totally understand why many don't. Strange to clench, tighter draw, different draw angle, etc. I slaked my estate Pete hunger on ebay finally. Im having bad luck with my ebay pipes coming in smelling like an old lady :lol: oh well

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
smelling like an old lady
What's scarier... That the pipes smell like that, or that you recognize that smell :rofl:
Sorry to hear it though. Hope you find a good one out there. You still have dibs on the 606 if I decide to thin the herd ;-)

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Lol you got me there! I could lie and say I work in a nursing home :lol:
However, I do work in a liquor store which is similar enough 8)

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
That is a nice looking pipe Mick.

I've been leaning towards VaPers a lot myself, the AJ's and Louisiana Red are favorites of mine.

You owe it to yourself to throw in a tin of Escudo if you've not had it before.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Great minds think alike, I was looking to purchase that very same pipe the other day. I really liked it and it's a "pete" which I really like, but alas I cannot get it, I am on restriction. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.