PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagpiper1

Lurker
Nov 4, 2011
Greetings all,
I just recently 'joined the club' and got a Servi Meerschaun Churchwarden. What a great pipe and boy does it smoke well! My only experience so far with pipe smoking was my Dr. Grabow Omega - which is a good pipe and I like the light weight and good rugged look about it. But with my Servi Churchwarden - it is a dream.
First thing to notice smoking it is that after the false light and then another relight - it just keeps on going. No need to relight even if I am taking a walk and relaxing outside playing ball with my black and white Border Collie. Like all churcharden should, it produces a nice, clean smooth cool draw. My tabacco is Black Chery and it tastes great. No tougue bite, no bitter aftertaste, just an enjoyable bowl to the last ash. I also get a chance to slowly watch the egg shell white meerschuan turn golden brown even after only 4 smokes. It is beautiful to behold and a great smoke to look forward to. Thanks all for now looking forward to reviews of great tobacco to add to my bowl.
Thanks.
*edit*- Moved to Pipe Talk -Jason

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Congrats, bagpiper1.

A pipe you feel that good about is a real treasure.
Everyone is going to want to see the pictures:

1. of your pipe

2. of you smoking your pipe.

3. of your Border Collie smoking the pipe

4. and... no, you can skip the bathtub picture.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
My question is: How can you do anything when smoking a churchwarden? I can't do anything while smoking one of my churchwardens because their center of gravity is so low that I can't clench it with any real force. :lol:
-Jason

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Hey...where's the pics? :crazy: We are all going crazy with anticipation, and the forum rules insist that you post up a picture of it so that you don't tease us. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.