PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I really should keep this to myself, but you are sort of family, so I'm going to let you all in on a little secret. The Tinder Box at Karric square is, securely, my go to shop. However, there is another I go to for tobacco at times. Pipes and Pleasures on the east side have surely lost their minds! They have a whole section at the front of the store with "old" tobaccos priced at 50% off. They haven't sold so they are being discounted. AGED TOBACCO for half the price of new! I picked up a 2009 3 Oaks for half price! I am going back today to hunt for some Virginias to cellar or smoke! I'm not sure I agree with the whole "aging" thing, but I see the prices aged tobaccos are bringing right now, so it'll be a good (and cheap) way to see for myself. If you are close to Columbus, stop and see! You're welcome!

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
I was in their shop last week, as I was in Columbus. They did tell me they would ship, so I just called them. I was told they have some for 15% off, but not 50%. :crying:

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I'm a little jealous! I don't even know where the nearest B&M shop is to home. Northern Idaho seems to be a dead zone for them. :crying: But it could be worse, I could be in a dead zone in Washington...

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Sometimes I have gotten lucky on different sites, and have gotten some 2009 and 2010 tobaccos at inventory reduction sales. It's a great deal, as long as it is something you like. I got a tin of 1994 Peterson Holiday blend once, and let me tell you, aging did not do it any favors. Good catch, my friend.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
No luck today. Said they had a run on the 50% off stuff and sold it all (No kidding, right?). They said they would notify me when they do it again. Evidently they do this periodically to make room for new stock. I did pick up some Magnum Opus and Pirate Cake though. Then off to Tinder Box for some Wilderness to try out. Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.