PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
As mentioned in a previous thread Castello Old Antiquari, I have been eyeing Old Antiquari's lately. When Marty Pulver offers you a fantastic deal, It's best to go with it. This one will be for Va's of course.
Thank you Marty

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
You can't fault anyone for going for a Castello. If any luxury pipe is worth the money, they are. A friend kindly let me fill and smoke a full bowl in his sea rock, possibly the finest rustication anywhere, and I was very surprised at the character of the smoke; so different from any pipe I have tried. While I didn't prefer this to my own pipes, I can see the attraction. Nice to know a big name is getting better over the years rather than living on its history

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, Chris, you sure do buy a lot of pipes, lol. Very nice. You can't go wrong with Castellos. I have a couple of OAs and they are fantastic smokers. Now, I will admit that I am not normally drawn to OAs - I prefer Castello Sea Rocks or smooth pipes. Generally, I am not a huge fan of Castello blasts and find them to be a bit anemic at times. Sometimes they do have wonderful blasts though - and this is an example of that. I just wish more OAs had a nice, deep rich blast. Generally, I find this to be true of most Italian pipes, except for a few brands/makers. No idea why this is the case.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Glad to see someone else helps keep Marty in business. :)

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Beautiful pipe Chris. I've not owned a Castello either but wouldn't mind to someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.