PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
So I get the newsletter from smokingpipes and of course I go look to see what is new, and lo and behold there is a Bruce Weaver Rhodesian that is right in my wheel house size wise. The stem accent is Mastodon Ivory which will be my first with that material on one of my pipes. The pipe is 5.26" long with a bowl height of 1.93 " , bowl depth of 1.58 and a bowl width of .74", the pipe weighs in at 45 grams and should be a great clencher. I figure the pipe is a large group 4 and should be perfect for flakes. I have really been loving my Rhodesians for smoking flakes and this will be the 5th one in my collection.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Harris - Got the same news letter, and, like you, made a bee line to that very same pipe, I did. It's a looker. No doubt about that. And the price was right too. Congrats and enjoy.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys.
Kashmir, I also thought the price was pretty good. I figure it was half of the original retail based on what I have seen his pipes go for.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a gorgeous pipe Harris. It seems like Mr. Weaver is calling a lot of folks today. Well you and Roth anyway :lol: Congrats buddy!

Dec 24, 2012
Harris, putting aside this gratuitous trumpeting of your own wretched materialism, this truly is a gorgeous pipe. I hope that button will be perfectly shaped for your petite and tender fangs and that she smokes well for you. Congrats.

Dec 24, 2012
That is an awesome pipe! Wonder where he got mastadon ivory from? That makes it EXTRA cool. lol
I was thinking about that the other day. Michael Parks uses a lot of mastadon ivory on his pipes (and even on his tampers - two of which were put on SP today) and I have wondered where he gets the stuff.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I heard a Parks interview where he describes his mastadon source (another carver, I think), but for the life of me I can't recall the exact details (Oom-Paul radio?)
I also looked at that one - what a great blast mix of rugged and fine. That is a Parks signature piece I'd say. That price was also very attractive, I didn't think she would last long. Enjoy that beauty!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Quite a striking pipe! I really like the blast, shape and stem accent. Hope it smokes great for you Harris!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys, it is appreciated.
peck, tender fangs, you crack me up. lol
roth, thanks for the info on the Ivory, interesting.
I am looking forward to seeing the Mastodon Ivory up close to compare it to the Elephant Ivory I have in my pool cue. I wonder if it will be much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.