My review of Haunted Bookshop by Cornell and Diehl.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
2 Fresh Kent Rasmussen Pipes
36 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
36 Fresh Brigham Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrandybuck

Might Stick Around
Aug 17, 2010
Massachusetts
Bought a 2 oz bag of this blend. It arrived extremely dry. Extremely easy to light. Burns hot but not too hot. It alternates between a 2 and a 3 stars. The perique is not very noticeable but when it comes through it is very pleasant. The virginias are more noticeable than the perique and are nice. I would have liked a bit more perique and virginia and alot less burley. This blend has a tendency to smoke a little bitter. Stayed lit the entire smoke, however I only enjoyed about half of the bowl the other half all I tasted was burley. This blend is very mild in flavor and almost no nicotine effect is noticed. If your a fan of burley i would recommend this blend however if you're looking for loads of flavor I would not recommend this. The room note is a nice mild smokey smell which is quite pleasant. My rating is 2.5/4 stars for Haunted Bookshop.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Thanks for your nice review. I AM a fan of burley....as in codger burleys...but this is one blend that I have not been able to warm up to...it sets my tongue on fire.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Nice review. Shall have to put this on my TAD list. SIgh, it is a ponderous and growing list.

Status
Not open for further replies.