PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
It looks like I discovered pipe smoking at the right time. If I'm not at work for 12 hours in a day, I am studying for 12 hours a day. My pipes, Frog Morton's Cellar, and Sweet Tea are a welcome respite from the demands of my life. Thanking the tobacco gods.... I think I would be a wound up ball of stress without this hobby.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I know the feeling, minfarshaw. I work 60 hour weeks, all year long and my wife just transitioned from her postgrad work into her field. On top of that we have two kids. It seems like there is never enough time but things always slow down when I light up a pipe. It is definitely a relaxing and leisurely hobby.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
I am a student and have a job, as well. My wife just started law school and is super stressed all the time. We try to make time every night to smoke together. It gives us time together and eases our stress.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I feel for you smokey. I just graduated law school this past year and it can definitely be stressful to deal with a law student...or at least i've been told.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Smokeytay,

My wife is pretty cool about the pipe smoking hobby but doesn't smoke with me. I think she has fun matching mixed cocktails to the smell of my tobacco. All to my advantage. I have yet to smoke a bowl with her though.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
minfarshaw,

At first she was not fond of the idea that I wanted to take up pipe smoking. I am lucky that she has come to love it as much as I do. She is trying her hand at mixed drinks, as well. So far, she has done a fine job. Maybe someday you will both enjoy a bowl together? :puffy:

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
It's good that you can both enjoy time with your significant others when so busy. That is what is most important. And as a Law Prof (when I'm not being an administrator) my hat is off to the spouses of stressed students!

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
lincolnsbark - Thanks for the compliment. I've always been able to relate to Min. I don't know if I would like seeing auras around people though. That would be creepy. I would much rather be a maiden of the spear.

Status
Not open for further replies.