Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Here's a quick photo of my "PT Cellar" - Pipe Tobacco & Puerh Tea - a great combination!
106d5b9.jpg

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
4Dot
I don't do it often, but there is something special about tea and pipe smoking.
Usually if I'm drinking, its more of the heavier spirits variety. Like now. :)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
You know I really am starting to like Irish Oak for my morning smoke. Slightly sweet, but enough of a kick that along with a cup of coffee it gets me woken up. I had both while on a walk with my son last Saturday morning and I felt like I could take on the world.
Thanks for sharing!

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I absolutely agree about the Irish Oak it always burns cool, which I like in a morning blend, and the nic-hit matches well with some coffee.
At night lately I have enjoyed tea with a pipe they combine for a great relaxing night.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Very nice stash! Got the Frog Morton Cellar on my list for next month. Thanks for sharing and Enjoy!

Jul 15, 2011
If you gents will forgive my ignorance (I'm not much of a worldly fellow), what exactly is Puerh Tea? I have started drinking different teas here lately and haven't heard of such a critter.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I'm not much of a tea drinker, unless it is, ahem, sweet Southern tea, doncha know.
But 4dot that is a fine, fine stash. I gotta try some of the Irish Oak. Saw it in my B&M the other day and almost pulled the trigger. I will next time.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
FYI, Puerh (or pu-erh) tea is a tea grown primarily in Yunnan Province, China, usually pressed into tea cakes for ease of transport. Originally made for sale primarily in Tibet, it was carried on horses along the "Ancient Tea Horse Road," which still exists.
It's an earthy tasting tea, prized by collectors, and can get quite pricey, depending on vintage, manufacturer, rarity, etc. Usually served "gong-fu" style (a stylized serving ceremony) in Yixing clay teapots and tiny cups. For a full discussion, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Very nice! I normally don't drink tea while pipe smoking, but occasionally I'll have some lapsang souchong in the morning.
4dot, have you ever tried an aged Yunnan Gold? I've slowly been working on a Bing Cha from 2005 and I find it has interesting flavors.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
"4dot, have you ever tried an aged Yunnan Gold?"
I'm not sure - do you know who the manufacturer is?

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Thanks for the explanation of Puerh tea. I enjoy tea and had not heard of it. I will have to find some. Congratulations on a fine cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.