My Partner Is Now Converted. (Also, Tobacco Question)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Brigham Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
96 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Not only was the pipe a great conversation starter when we met, but recently, she decided to try it out herself.
So now, she's taken my Peterson 314 as her own, and my Diplomat cob and has taken to chilling out with a bowl after work.
Only question, she loves the Peterson Holiday 2015, is there a similar substitute I can surprise her with?
Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
Just buy her fifty thousand tins before it becomes unavailable... That'll surprise her! :rofl:

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Ah, congratulations on bringing her over! I usually find smoking more pleasurable with company, and having your partner join you is a great win.
I don't have much advice re tobacco, as I'm not really into aromatics. Having said that, if you want to *surprise* her, why not try something that's not "similar" to the the one she already likes, but something more oblique, but which you think she might enjoy? Say, a sweet Virginia or VaPer, or even another unrelated aromatic (like Autumn Evening, the only aromatic I could honestly say I *like*).

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I might suggest the Peterson Founder's Choice. It's along the same vein as the Holiday, but a different cut and flavor. Also, Ashton Guilty Pleasure was my first smoking experience and is still one of my top 3 Aromatics. Plus, it's a cute gift for a romantic partner.
If you want to give her something besides Aromatics to try, Two Friends Valle Crucis and Savinelli Brunello Flake are great transitional choices.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would begin to delve into the world of flake tobacco. Try a tin of Astleys no 109 Medium Flake and a tin of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls. Read up on how to prepare and smoke flakes, once you get the hang of it a whole new world of flavors will open up to you.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I find that Newminster's French Champagne has a similar flavor profile as Peterson's Holiday offering.
https://m.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Newminster/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=102411

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm somewhat off aros at least for now, but Forums member jiminks often lists Edward G. Robinson blend, along with dozens of others, on What Are You Smoking. I think it's a fine old American standard and might fall in step with any tobacco rotation. Another good one in bulk, though only marginally aro if at all, is PC Russ O.'s new Log Cabin. And the ever popular McClelland Frog Morton aro/non-aro transitional blends.

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
I'll second the Irish Oak, is a great blend. I just picked up a couple ounces of PS luxury twist today and I am finishing a bowl right now. I would say it's in between an aromatic and a Virginia. A very pleasant smoke and its in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.