PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I know someone recently posted about a great experience with Pulvers Briar, and as a result, I had to check out his site for myself. I went shopping for a birthday gift and found two pipes on his site that I really liked, an old Bjarne Freehand and a Stanwell Danish Star. Got them both for a great price. Called Marty Friday night while I was at work and in the middle of a rush, and I had to step away from the phone several times. Marty was incredibly patient and understanding with me.
I called Marty Friday, and had my pipes on Monday. They were both beautiful, clean, and smoked very nicely. The only problem I had was that the stem on the Bjarne didn't insert very far into the shank, as freehands sometimes do. The way that the stem fit actually caused some condensation leakage out of the back of the shank. Again, didn't affect the way the pipe smoked, nice and dry with no gurgle or overheating issues, but I figured it was worth bringing up with Marty. I called him back to tell him about it, and he originally told me to send the pipe back to him and he would refund my money. I told him I hated for him to be out the money, plus the pipe itself was very beautiful, and asked if there was something else we could try. He then offered to have me send the pipe out to his repair guy, and his repair guy would either make a new stem or see if he could figure out what the issue was with the stem that was on there. On top of all that, Marty agreed to incur all costs of all repairs AND even paid to have it shipped back to me when it was done.
Now folks, if that's not service, I don't know what is. Seriously, if you need a pipe, give Marty a call. I can't recommend him highly enough.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Novelist, I agree - above and beyond. What else could anyone ask. I am saving him to review what is available the next time PAD strikes. Thanks for the recommendation.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Marty is a good guy. I've bought 2-4 pipes from him over the years.
I keep looking at a few of those Il Ceppo billiards he has.....

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I think I was the guy who started that thread. I recently bought a pipe from Marty and it was an incredible experience. I am glad you thought so too.
While I have not yet done business with him, Mike from Briar Blues also has an excellent reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.