PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I saw the post of the Heavy Metal collection and while moving my stuff into my newly finished (New) office/man cave came across a big number of my own Metal pipes. I do have a few more out in the shop, but this is the biggest part of what I've collected so far. Some I bought on Ebay, some at shows and some were gifted to me.
Thought I'd post them up and let you all have a look.
100_0436.jpg

100_0437.jpg

Edit: Moved to Pipe Talk. L

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I like the Kaywoodie and the Kirsten in the second pic Steve. Nice collection!

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
James, I actually have 3 Kaywoodie metal pipes, all a bit different from each other. The other two are in the middle right of the first picture.

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
Those are great.... have you smoked the Brial much? I really enjoy my Brial with aromatics.
I just started collecting pipes about 4 months ago(and smoking them). I enjoy the different concepts that have been applied over the years. It also seems the metals are "looked down upon" even though many seem to give a great experience.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I like the golden shiny one in the bottom left of the first picture! Very cool!!!
Thanks for sharing.

cthulhu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
Quick question:
1st pic, 4th from the top on the right side...why is the metal shank so massive? Is this supposed to allow a cooler smoke?

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
Not to step on toes but to answer cthuhu's question .. the pipe you are asking about is a Brial .. the large shank is totally hollow and can be filled with tissues and/or cotton balls as a filter .. you can adjust the amount of filtration by using less "stuffing".
The mouthpiece end comes completely off to allow for easy access to remove/insert the stuffing and clean the interior.
The concept works very well for a cool and dry smoke .. (even though it IS strange looking)

cthulhu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks! Although I'm not a fan of filtration, it does make sense. These types of pipes seem odd to me, but the idea of multiple bowls is nice. I really like the 3rd from the top on the 2nd pic on the left..I like how the briar bowl looks to screw into another briar piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.