PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I mostly smoke lat blends in the evening, and virginia non aro's during the day, but my one staple aro that I keep on hand for walks with my wife and daughter, or for smoking in crowded places as a crowd pleaser is RLP-6. anyway i had a ziplock bag with a few bowls worth left in it and i threw in very roughly the same size fisful of McClellands blended turkish ribbon and gave it a good shake and a bit of a rub to mix it in. Turns out its really nice! Smokes mostly tasting like RLP-6, but throughout the bowl has the extra spice notes. Anyway, just thought I would share...
Isaac

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes homemade mixes (I don't age or put pressure on them) provide some of the most satisfying smokes,

maybe because of the control you have over what and how much proportionately. Not all my favorite leaf goes

together, but when you find ones that do ... bingo.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Cool experiment, glad it worked out! Only thing similar I've done is a 50/50 mix of MM965 and Nightcap, which was great - the strength of NC was there, but en-smooth-en'd by the balance and mild sweetness of the 965.

Status
Not open for further replies.