PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
in Reference with my earlier post on Dunhill pipes allow me to bring me to Your attention my latest and only Brand new Dunhill which I got another day from UK based tobacconist,(J.Barber-smoke.co.uk)Agreed these are somewhat overpriced pipes as today and represent nothing much special,the overall quality and craftsmanship seems to be pretty much same on the same level with Castellos.

After first smoke I can say that this performs wonderfully,draw is open and no flaws to be found except for a minor one, the shank seems to be a hair misaligned/offline,but I'd assume assume this is not an uncommon occurrence with Canadian shaped pipes and especially with those of sandblasted rusticated/finishes? Drilling and airflow is more than perfect,very similar to Castellos or Radices.

cimg0110-600x450.jpg

cimg0111-600x450.jpg

cimg0112-600x450.jpg

cimg0114-600x450.jpg

cimg0115-600x450.jpg

cimg0113-600x450.jpg

cimg0116-600x450.jpg

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
Seems someone got a serious case of PAD, haha! What a beauty, and a real nice craggy blast and hopefully this bit will be more comfortable to you than the Ashtons. I find James Barber to have one of the best, if not the best, pricing on Dunhills. I believe a group 3 Dunhill on average would be of the same price as a Castello trademark/castello line.

May it give you many decades of joy!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a Dunhill guy, but you've taken the plunge so I'd revel in the acquisition. I never said they weren't handsome and often excellent smokers. Congratulations!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank You Gents, nice to hear, another thing that was quite a pleasant surprise with this very pipe that this hardly seems to overheat, and that nice draw,quite pleased after all, but Yes,candidly Would I buy another Brand new Dunhill?Probably not in this price range, in my opinion there are similar or better value pipe out there.Although can't deny I adore how they shape their classic line pipes.
@Bazungu, Thanks, and as for them Ashtons, Thanks to valuable advice which I was given right here on the forums I managed to get this stem bite related annoyance sorted (Filed)out and now these two Ashtons are becoming very useful and dependable smoking tools,

Status
Not open for further replies.