PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadog

Lurker
Jun 27, 2016
Wilmette, IL
I only own one Charatan pipe....would I like to own more then one?....sure, but every time I look at the outstanding Charatan Executive that I do have, I just gotta think.........."If I could have only one Charatan pipe, then this is definitely the one." Am I happy??...what do you think...LOL
Charatan-Executive2_zpsvwppcuxo.jpg

Charatan-Executive_zps4zazzjtg.jpg

Charatan-Executive1_zpsmkcl6wge.jpg

seadog

Lurker
Jun 27, 2016
Wilmette, IL
Thanks. I frequently search for other Charatan's to purchase. But, to be honest, I've yet to find another that I like as much as this one. So it may be the only Charatan I ever own.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
The bend of the grain on the front of the pipe is really beautiful. Excellent pipe!

seadog

Lurker
Jun 27, 2016
Wilmette, IL
Thanks everyone. And ya know what the most amazing part of this Charatan is?.....it's 6" long, the bowl height in the back is 2 1/2", front 2", the bowl is 1 5/8" in diameter, the briar walls on the bowl are 3/8" thick.....and it weighs how much?........1 ounce.

kenbarnes

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2015
What a lovely classical shape Executive - looks like an early piece and in beautiful condition. I notice it has a very subtle bevel on the inside rim of the bowl- it's a Peach!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That right there is pipe perfection. It would easily be my favorite pipe if I owned it.

It looks like a Dublin bowled sitter/poker with a two stepped saddle stem.

The weight, the grain, the finish, the shape and the exquisite stem...what more could you want?

I hope it smokes as good as it looks!

seadog

Lurker
Jun 27, 2016
Wilmette, IL
Thanks everyone, it really is an outstanding Charatan. I like it so much that I don't really care if I never own another Charatan. But if I do, it's gonna have to be better then this one.
newbroom - the first time I smoked, I knew....there was a difference between a Charatan, and any other pipe. Don't get me wrong, I have several Savinelli's a Luciano, an Amorelli, a couple original Linkman/Dr Grabow's and they all smoke great. But this Charatan.....the only way I can describe it......like buttered toast.
...And Mr Barnes...LOL....I guess anything about Charatan gets your attention....I'm honored.....Charatan Master Pipe Maker, co-founder of Tilshead. I do have a question for you. So I hope you don't mind I send you a PM. It concerns a James Upshall pipe that a friend of mine has.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
A stunning pipe, it will take some searching to better it.

seadog

Lurker
Jun 27, 2016
Wilmette, IL
Thanks again everyone.
ssjones...LOL...the pipe is by no means "tiny" at 6" long and bowl height of 2 1/2". However, what it does say, is that it was made from high quality, well aged briar. The longer briar is aged the harder & lighter it becomes.
jp....it was just a question as to the dating of a James Upshall pipe a friend of mine had up for sale. I was pretty sure that it was an "original" Upshall (made between 1978 - 1988) and was possibly worth more then he was asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.