PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
When I pay for a pipe auction immediately as it ends, and three days go by with no notification of shipping beyond "a shipping label was created" and the seller doesn't have the courtesy to say when it will go out. This is not helping my quest for instant pipe gratification!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Those bug me as well. When I sell something, it ships the next business day and I update the auction with the tracking number. But, most sellers seem to ship within 2-3 days, which is often what is listed on their auction. Don't get me started on packing.....

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
ALWAYS a buy from Treasurepipes, coopersark, or Great-estate-pipes!! They are so insanely professional and polite!!

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
I guess I have been lucky. I have bought ten or so pipes from various folks on eBay. So far, they tend to go into the mail the next business day. Two different orders from France only took about a week to hit the mailbox.

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
I guess I have been lucky. I have bought ten or so pipes from various folks on eBay. So far, they tend to go into the mail the next business day. Two different orders from France only took about a week to hit the mailbox.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
I think some people here have unreasonably high expectations of eBay sellers, many of whom are not "professionals". I sell maybe a couple dozen items a year on eBay (though I don't believe I've ever sold any pipes). I list the turnaround time in the auction as requested and stick to it, but I don't have a dedicated eBay operation set up. If I have to pick the kids up or run other errands on the way home from work, then I probably won't have time to make it to the PO that day. Maybe I don't have the right size shipping box handy, or just had a rough day at work. I'm not feeling bad about taking 2-3 days to ship - I told you I might take 2-3 days to ship. Even some of the regular sellers you see on eBay only do it as a side gig and have "real jobs" with more pressing demands on their time.
If you really must have next-day service, then don't bid on items with 2-3 day handling times and only bid on items from sellers with full-time operations and 5000+ feedback. That's certainly your choice, but you'll miss out on some good deals from regular people.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Pipes I have gotten from pipestud and Moretti have been shipped super fast with personal emails from both stating when it was shipped, and thanks for the buy.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
The biggest thing wrong with ebay is the morons running and working there. They close auctions when there are other auctions of the same thing listed, bids being allowed to be retracted, allowing buyers weeks after the auction closes to file returns, etc., etc., etc.
As a buyer you should ding them for shipping speed and leave a neutral feedback. Unless of course you want to buy from them again. :)

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
@tppytel I certainly have no problem waiting 2-3 days if it says on the listing or if I get a message from the seller. We're all people living in the real world. The more annoying thing is when I wait nearly a week with no notice and no shipping update on the tracking number they generated.
@peteguy That is my plan if the seller doesn't respond to the inquiry I sent last night.

May 31, 2012
...one of my issues:

:evil:

LDxRx31.png

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I guess the key to pschpipes specific issue is what shipping time was stated in the auction. I think Ebay default is 2-3 business days.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
Look up this seller "bobus010." This guy is spot on. After he sold me a pipe I did not like in the end, he refunded my money even before I posted his pipe and, upon delivery, he also refunded all delivery charges.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
The more annoying thing is when I wait nearly a week with no notice and no shipping update on the tracking number they generated.

What happens if you look up the tracking number? Do you see the package in transit?
If the seller generates a label and then just sits on the package for a week when they said 2-3 days, then yeah... that's just bad selling. I wouldn't feel justified leaving negative feedback just for that unless it went to crazy extremes, but probably some others would. But I'd certainly dock them on the star ratings for timely shipping - those star ratings do matter for prioritizing search results and seller fee discounts.
If the package is in transit, but you're not getting updates, then it's a matter of the seller not using their tools effectively. There are several ways to enter shipping information in eBay for sellers, and the buyer may not get updates depending on how the seller does it. For example, if the seller simply takes the package to the PO, jots down the tracking number, and enters it directly on their selling screen, you won't get any updates. eBay makes it relatively easy to do everything electronically, but not every seller wants to do it that way for various reasons (you at least need a postal scale at home, for example).

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Some folks just don't get how buyers few these transactions. Pipestud, Coopersark, Treasurepipes, Briarblues understand that customers are overwhelmingly more satisfied with a purchase when you get fast shipment and quick delivery.

May 31, 2012
Thing I Hate on Ebay, example:
"Ratty ass medico with a busted stem, CHONOWITSCH, FORMER, S. BANG, COOKE!!"
So true!

(and annoying)

:evil:
...what about the over optimistic sellers shootin' for the moon?
S504zhQ.png

Dunhill Namiki Maki-E Rakucho Limited Edition Tobacco Pipe
Product Description
This stunning Maki-e tobacco pipe from Dunhill and Namiki is unused. It was decorated entirely by hand by the late Grand-Master Kyusai Yoshida and less than 10 were believed to have been created, with even fewer unused. This is the same artist that created the extremely popular and highly sought over Dunhill-Namiki sold-out limited editions: the Hannya, Sakura Rose and Motorities .
Unfortunately it was damaged by the postal service and there are a few chips on the box and one chip of lacquer missing on the pipe. All damages can be seen in the photographs.
...and this one,

OMFG

it's got to be a typo or something,

$25,000 for an Ascorti?

BRANDE NEW BRIAR PIPE ASCORTI BUSINESS HALF BENT BY PEPPINO ASCORT
And,

this is just strange...

SKw98J5.png

One of the kind Pibe...

...yeah, the stem is a dead giveaway that it was made by Dunhill!
And,

check out this old decorated clay pipe,

~Antique Clay Pipe-Colonial or Colonial Style - No Comparison Found

...the description is really eloquent,

but the Q & A at the bottom is priceless LOL

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.