PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Well its Christmas day and I got to open it. I had a idea how it would look, but I have never seen Mr walkers work. It has beautiful flame grain. Pic is crappy but it looks amazing in person.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I like it enough i am planning on getting two or three more in different finishes.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a number of the Northern BRiar pipes. Ian's work is great at a very affordable price. I like his Roxy cut finish. They all smoke great and break in very easily. Enjoy'1

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mighty fine. Love the "V" in the band, which dances with that grain. Impressive.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
Wow, what a great looking pipe. I love the shape and grain, the band and stem just brings it altogether nicely. The top view screams Northern Briar.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
That is a beautiful pipe! I have an order in with Ian - I think I will be adding to it :D
Ian made this for me, including a hand-made silver Celtic band at my request.
EEJuhpf.jpg

Andy

adam12

May 16, 2011
Dude that bulldog caused an eyegasm! Holy hell look at the lines on that pipe. Perfect!

acutabovebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2013
Patras - Greece
Been a proud owner of three of Ian's pipes, I have to say that they smoke great. Nice dry draw, cool smoking, nice finishes and the price for a hand made pipe is unbeatable! Next on my list is a chimney billiard.

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Beautiful. I had a bent bulldog I got as an estate that i ended up selling off - the prior owner had gouged out the bowl and it bugged the heck out of me. But I need to replace it, likely with a brand new one :)

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Breaking in my Northern Briars with 1999 Penzance. It was a great 1.5 hour smoke.

20141229_143115.jpg

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
Glad to hear you're enjoying the pipe. Having four of Ian's pipes so far, they each give a great smoke. I'm sure you'll go on to get more in time, just as I plan to do. In fact, fairly soon I'll be ordering one if I can. Happy smoking.

Steve

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
i plan to get at least 2 more of the same shape but different finishes. He said he can do a regal in a red as well as one in a brown finish.

What a beautiful bent bully. I love my Northern Briars. Hefty, yet elegant. I was given one of his churchwardens last Christmas. It's not one of those dainty bowls at the end of a long stem. It's all in proportion and the bowl I can get my whole thumb into. A great 3+ hour smoke.

I hope you enjoy yours. Happy smokes :puffy:

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm considering a purchase from Northern Briars. It looks like a good idea.

For an all artisan made pipe, with attention to every detail from bowl to button, you can't beat the price. He doesn't cut corners with cheap injector molded stems, or machined stummels like a lot of pseudo-artisans. The work is exquisite. I can't recommend them enough. But, keep in mind that if you are ordering online, without the benefit of seeing and holding his pipes in person, they are heavier and a little bulkier than most pipes you may be used to. The pictures can be a little deceiving, especially if you are not expecting it. But, that is a part of what I love about the pipes. You could use them as weapons if need be, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.