PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
As P&C is having a discount of 10% on all McCelland blends I thought it was the perfect time to binge and buy some blends I've been wanting to try. My Birthday is the 27th so it's going to be my present to myself :)
Shopping cart:

Black Shag

Honeydew

Frog Morton's Cellar

Grey Havens

Deep Hallow

Blue Mountain

No. 5100 red cake (2oz)

M34 Carnival (2oz) after reading the description I had to put some on my order.

Arcadia

Frog Morton on the Town

Boston 1776 - highly recommended by a fellow forum member.
And then the curveball

Cornell & Diehl's Nutty Irishman (2oz)
Has anyone tried any of these blends? Any suggestions, tips, reviews for smoking any of them? I'd like your opinions and/or other McClelland blends you'd recommend.
Thanks,

Shayde

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I've tried none of those blends, so can't help there.
But for McClelland, I would recommend Beacon Extra and St James Woods -- if you like VaPers.
I'm also a fan of the admittedly controversial Blockade Runner.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Which ones are your absolute favorites? As I haven't tried any of them yet (with the exception of Arcadia, which I love). I would very much like you're opinion on some of the blends, you definitely know your stuff when it comes to pipes!

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
While I'm not a huge McCelland fan I would recommend Christmas Cheer if you haven't picked up a tin yet.

~Ron

howulikeit

Lurker
Nov 3, 2013
Just some food for thought - cigarsinternational is cheaper than any other site I've encountered when it comes to McCelland tobaccos. The most recent free shipping code is expired, but you might be able to save a couple bucks if a new one pops up if you grab your McCellands there.
As for blends to try, Christmas Cheer is pretty popular. I grabbed some and I found it a bit harsh but I think after I give it some time to age and let it breathe a bit before smoking that it will be nice. I haven't yet tried Dominican Republic Maduro but I have some enroute at the moment and I'll try to leave some comments on it after I give it a whirl. Cigar blends sound interesting because so few of them are out there.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've had Black Shag, Honeydew, On The town, Blue Mountain, Deep Hollow and Cellar. The only one I didn't like was the Honeydew flake, I found it to be harsh. As for the rest of them, yes, I highly recommend them! Another one (or three) you might try is 5110 Dark English, Grade 1 Balkan, and Coyote Classic. Over all, sounds like a nice TAD!

chemistfox

Lurker
Oct 19, 2013
I will also be taking advantage of the McClelland discount at P&C in the next week or two. I'll be trying FM Cellar and Dark English (along with various others). Dark English has some good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.