PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have a friend with a huge collection of pipes that I am helping with. Many need restored and he wants to sell them. In response to my help thus far he let me pick a pipe from his collection and this is what I chose. It is a gorgeous pipe. I chose it because it is an interesting shape and it is very light weight. An effortless clencher. At the time I didn't know about Larsen or the long list of master carvers that worked for them back in the day. Voorhees mentioned something about it and as I began to research and thus discovered that it is probably a pretty valuable pipe. The chances that this pipe was carved by Tonni Nielsen is pretty good based on my research thus far. In any case it doesn't matter. It was a sweet gift from my friend that I will cherish. I will be sitting down with him this week for a bowl in it. Escudo will be the inaugural bowl. What shape would you guys say it is?

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
A truely wonderful looking pipe and a great choice.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
That pipe is a real eye catcher. I love the stem work. You are blessed, my friend!
If you know some of the pipes that may be coming up for sale from his collection, you may want to give us a teaser so we can start saving up $$. :wink:
Especially if they are as nice as that one.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I'll post up a pic of the collection soon. It is drool worthy. Lots of very nice Danish pipes with a Dunhill, Rinaldo, and others sprinkled throughout.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Very nice. Has that Ivarsson style stem seen on his work for Stanwell. A SELECT, I'd say undergraded, but that's something Ole Larsen was known for. If your friend has a shape 72 he wants to sell, let me know. :wink:

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Very lovely grain on that pipe. I wonder if it is not a modified type of bent rhodesian/bulldog. I hope you found it smoked as nicely as it looks!?

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
How is this project going? Care to update us on other pipes in the collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.