PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I aquired this nice grade 5 Trypis Prince on a trade for my Trypis Cherrywood Dublin from smokeybear.
I've made this my english pipe and the two bowl I have smoked in it have smoked great for me. I really like the rustication on this one. Phillip placed the 'patches' in the right spots for grip for either left or right handed smokers (I'm ambedextrous) and it hangs well from the teeth too.
img_0439-450x600.jpg

img_0440-450x600.jpg

img_0442-450x600.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice. A classic shape you don't see very often. I have a Savinelli Trevere prince and like it alot. Good luck with yours and happy smoke rings.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks guys! This is going to be one of my English Blend pipes. Reasons for me being a small bowl with thick walls. I really don't smoke alot of English Blends, but when I do get a craving for them it lasts for a few weeks. I also have a small Grade 5 Semi-Rusticated panel (another nice piece from smokeybear) that I use for Englishes. Trypis makes some nice smokers, but like everyone else has noticed, they gurgle until the cake is built up.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Very nice !!!

I bought 2 P.Trypis pipes from smokeybear, beautiful pipes.

trypis-pipe-slight-bent-101466-600x230.jpg

trypis-brandy-bent-pipe-101459-600x248.jpg

First pipe is a Slight Bent with a Pear Shape Bowl.

Second pipe is a Bent Brandy, Group 5.

I did remove the Clay Lining with 151 Rum and Shop Towels, Q-Tips for the shank.

I just did not like the taste of the clay.

Both pipes are great smokers, and great looking.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
roth- I have a nice grade 5 large panel with no rustication. Beautiful finish and perfect grain. Its my fav Trypis of my collection. I like them all but that one gets smoked every evening after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.