PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
For a year I've had a dinky little shelf that just wasn't adequate to hold my ever growing cellar and pipe collection. I took some of my proceeds from the Chattanooga show and bought this today. The bottom shelf is the cellar, the middle shelf is tobaccos to be smoked and the top shelf are some of my momentos. And most of my pipe collection is displayed on the top. I'm really stoked about it. I also went through and jarred up all the open tins I had and labeled every jar. Now when I look in I can see just what I'm looking for. Here is a pic.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Nice setup! Glad ya finally found a cabinet you liked.

Now you just have to start planning for the next cabinet to hold your overflow...

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yes the doors slide which is super nice and they both go all the way in either direction so it is easy to get anything out. I got this at Hobby Lobby of all places, it had some damage, one of the clips that holds a shelf had gotten bent so they offered it to me at 60% off. Needless to say the clip was an easy fix. Also jars are currently 50% off there. I buy the wire flip top kind, they lock down and seal well. So I stocked up and was able to jar a bunch that I had loose.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Looks great! I can't wait to move into a bigger place. I once saw what looked like a hutch, or maybe entertainment center with doors for the tv, on the side of the road for garbage. My wife wouldn't even let me to pull over to look at it! she said "we don't have any room for it!" Oh well

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for the tip, the lighting in that room is poor and the cabinet is dark. The way it sits they won't get too much light. But thanks.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Real nice! I'm still on the hunt for a cabinet/shelf for my rec room that's not Swedish in origin.

Dec 24, 2012
I hear you on that Ghost. My wife and I moved in together a few years before we married. Cash was tight. We ended up buying some Ikea cabinets for our apartment - our relationship very nearly ended as a result of trying to build those cabinets together. To this day I shudder every time I see an allen wrench. That was the last thing we ever tried to build together.
And whatever you do, just don't order a leather couch from Ikea. They send you a bull with cryptic diagrams about how to skin it.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
We have so many Ikea items in our house, and I ended up building most of them myself for the same reason as you stated. My wife and I have barely fought over anything in 12 years together, yet Swedish furniture was a common trigger. They were fine at the time, but at a certain point one can really have too many Billy bookshelves. I'm surrounded by them as I type this. None of them match. I built a whole buffet in our dining room while the wife was away for a week, just to avoid the conflict.
Anyways, like Shaintiques cabinet above, I'm craving real solid pieces from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.