PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Here is my latest Rad commission: a rhodesian blasted bent-the most bent he will do for me.

Can't wait to get it-should be in by thanksgiving!
RADRHODESIAN11_zpsa066f90c.jpg

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/4562allan/RADRHODESIAN11_zpsa066f90c.jpg[/img]
RADRHDOESIAN42_zpsf466c322.jpg
RADRHDOESIAN41_zpsfea5369c.jpg

RADRHDOESIAN5_zps62a172bc.jpg
RADRHODESIAN11_zpsa066f90c.jpg

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Nice looking pipe. The guy is definitely a master of his craft!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
thanks Mike
Man, I had difficulties putting these pics on using photobucket. My first 2 times only the 'urls' showed, at least on my screen...
Redid them using the 'properties' url.
??

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey Allan, am I crazy, or is the first pic your new Rhodesian, and then the rest of the pics a different pipe completely?
-- Pat

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Pruss
You are so right!!! I am cursing as I'm trying to post the images without getting everything screwed up.
I think i have it now, hopefully.
Please check again!! LOL (i never considered myself computer illiterate until I joined this forum!!) LOL

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
That pipe looks amazing! IMO Rad Davis is probably the top artisan right now, given the quality of his pipes at more than reasonable prices. Enjoy it when you get it! Any ideas on what blend your gonna dedicate to it?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a splendid piece. I have been looking for a Stanwell in a similar style, but I might have to commission a Rad Davis after seeing yours.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
She's a stunner. I don't think I can read another Rad thread without taking a second mortgage on the house and getting myself one.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's amazing -- everything comes together just right -- color, texture, accent. Glad your commission came out so nicely.
I'm fascinated by this, however:
a rhodesian blasted bent-the most bent he will do for me.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. An excellent Thanksgiving gift. It is cool how the smooth top complements the bottom being blasted. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Guys
Thank you all for your kind words.
@sam--spalted tamerind (whatever that is-Rad is allergic to some 'natural' materials)
@sjb3--I'm going to give it to the English. Turns out I have a new majority of pipes dedicated to English blends, but I just love the English...:)

Rad Davis is probably the top artisan right now, given the quality of his pipes at more than reasonable prices.
Sjb--you are so right, IMHO. I've seen pipes by other artisans way more than twice the price and Rad along with Scott Thile keeps the line on reasonable $$.
@pitchfork==Rad will not due a full bent. He believes, and I hope I'm not misquoting him, that a full bent will leave too much moisture and gurgle. (please, this is my interpretation of his explanation)
I've been after him to bend, bend, bend! This is as far as he will bend. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.