My New Pipe Work Area

(7 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by wallbright
  • Latest reply from lordnoble
  1. wallbright

wallbright

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have always thoroughly enjoyed restoring estate pipes. In fact I used to restore them all of the time as some of you may remember. However, life got in the way and I stopped restoring for a while. I recently have gotten back into restoring but did not have a proper work area. The main thing that was holding me back was finding a cheap desk big enough as I tend to use up alot of space. I did some thinking and came up with this makeshift desk for my new pipe work area.

I also received the scales as gifts this weekend. They belonged to my girlfriend's grandmother who passed away this past week. My girlfriend's mother knew I was searching for some scales for weighing packages and pipe tobacco and was kind enough to gift them to me. I doubt I will ever us the large one as it only weighs 3 pounds maximum and has all of the old mailing prices on it. This surprised me though because the darn thing weighs about 25 pounds or so haha. It makes for a great decoration piece though.

Anyways, I will stop ranting and post up the pictures. I apologize for the quality as I snapped them real fast while I was rearranging things. They appear to be whitewashed due to the window that is right in behind the table so sorry for the poor quality. These were all before I added the rest of my junk to the table.

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. withnail

withnail

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks like an ideal pipe restoration work station you have set up there. I guess the bottle of spirit can do double service as a cleaning solvent and restorative should you need to take a dose yourself!

Albert Einstein said "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs"
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks like it will do the job!! I did something similar. Used a 24X 80 door,fastened it to the wall with large shelf brackets and used 2X4 for the front legs. Wish I had a window in front of mine!

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. cyndi

cyndi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, that's very nice and clean! Shaun's work are looks like a papermill exploded in it with all the sawdust.

Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! Wife or no, you are no one's property to be tossed aside. You got the right same as anyone to live and try to kill people.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like it! especially the auto adjust table top. perfect for those of the longer leg variety.

New Zealand
    Peter Piper.
    Give me the weed, the fragrant weed, My wearied brain to calm; In a wreath of smoke, while I crack my joke, I'll find a healing balm.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You should have many happy and productive hours there. Good for you.

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. lordnoble

lordnoble

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just make sure you don't drink that Everclear... LOL!

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mso489, cortezattic, elpfeife, sasquatch, alaskanpiper, jaytex969, steveg11, pylorns, mikethompson, dcon, litup, brooklynpiper