Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
My Dads pretty handy with wood so i came home this week and he apparently decided to build me a pipe rack. It hold 18 pipes and has room for 24 half pint mason jars on the 2 upper shelves. Was kinda really needing something bigger and i got it XD.

piperack003.jpg

piperack002.jpg

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Very nice!! For the very bottom (pipe rest) shelf, are there indentations or "scoops" for the pipe bowls? If so, do you know how he did that?

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Forsooth:

Very nice!! For the very bottom (pipe rest) shelf, are there indentations or "scoops" for the pipe bowls? If so, do you know how he did that?
Forsooth, you'll probably find this entry in Popular Science very helpful. In fact if you search "pipe rack" in google books you'll come up with several entries from Popular Science and probably a bunch of ideas. One quick way you can do "scoops" is to cut the shape you like for it out of a thinner piece of wood and glue it over top of the base. You won't get a grain character but it is a solution.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Nice rack! Looks like you're already low on space for the mason jars. Either smoke faster or you'll need another rack soon.
We've had the I Like Knockers thread. Now we need the "NICE RACK!" thread.
Simon

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Yes there is a lava lamp in the picture lol i have like 8 of em. As far as the scoops underneath the pipes theyre not there yet he said he needed something to do them properly. Hes getting it this weekend and will add them. And yes Classicgeek im already running out of room for jars lol. But so far that is one of every pipe tobacco i own so it was perfect.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
In all honesty hes planning to start making em and selling them off once he comes up with a few designs he likes. Wish i was better with wood lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.