geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
DSC_0003-1Ebay03_01_zps8uitboaj.png

DSC_0007-1Ebay07_01_zps9phjnywb.png

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
How should I best break it in? One bowl every day with a couple of days rest? Its kinda hard to let this one rest, the draw is so comfortable and I just like it to much to let it just stand on the shelf :D

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Damn beautiful it is! I think you should let it rest and break it in as you would any new pipe it would be a shame to not give it a chance to cool properly and release moisture etc. Smoke it in good health.

banjo

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Wow another amazing creation! I wouldn't be able to let it sit either. Enjoy it!

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
I have uploaded a few more photos of it to illustrate its actual size. Its "my own design". It has a double chamber, so the chamber on this pipe is actually 2,5 size of normal reverse calabash size.
The pipe is a graduation present for myself, Im (allmost) done with my music teacher degree, only some formalities before i graduate. The past two years, I kept two jobs, working evenings and nightshifts and being a full time student. I havent even bought myself a pair of socks during the past two years :D
I was originally looking for a poker. But wanted somehow something more, and I got a soft spot for RCs. So its a large poker, to sit down with and relax and to think back on what once was :)

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Just like Funland in Orlando FL, "it's HUGE!"
Yes, it took two pieces of briar for that one :D
But I have to say, its very comfortable to smoke. And my point is, its for relaxing, not to clinch and walk around

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
WOW...is that ever a good looking pipe. A very fitting reward for yourself! Enjoy. :puffy:

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
That's a pretty big purdy poker you got there.

I too am a lover of big pipes.
action-smiley-017.gif

Scott's vids on YouTube are a good source of relaxing information.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
geirove
Lovely grain on that one. Glad it smokes well for you.
In general, I try to smoke a new pipe once every other day until its fully broken in. Just my way.
Music teacher? Public schools?
I obtained a music teaching degree as a 'backup' in case my life as a free lance musician in NYC didn't work out. Student taught in Music and Art High School (transferred to become La Guardia School For the Arts in Lincoln Center).
Congrats on your upcoming degree and I hope you get a good job in a safe school. LOL!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
You have certainly worked very, very hard. The pipe is magnificent! I hope that it in some sense the reward it provides compensates for all that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.