PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Came home today and besides finding the repaired Hilson from Tim, found my new Pete sitting on my desk.
First flame grain in a 68 shape. Love the look and feel, about to load it up with Hal O'the Wynd here and have some "me" time.
As you guys know I'm a sucker for amber colored stems, so without further ado, here's some pics.
PeteFlame4.jpg

PeteFlame1.jpg

PeteFlame2.jpg

Nice birdseye all along the rim...

PeteFlame3.jpg

Got my scotch, got my pipe, see ya :puffpipe:

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Nice looking pipe, enjoy the HOTW, which by the way seems to be an excellent blend for breaking in a pipe!

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Oh man, great looking pipe. Enjoy breaking that in! And boy does scotch sound good...

johnd

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2012
Superb pipe, Mick. I really like the look of the Rosslare line pipes. But the Flame Grain really makes the whole thing pop! Happy puffing to you.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
So, it really does smoke as good as it looks.
Last night, Hal O' the Wynd, a good glass of scotch, my iPod and a good book. Was excellent. Pipe lasted me a good hour slowly puffing. Burned cool and very, very smooth draw. This is probably my new favorite.
Sorringowl: It's not really considered a Rosslare due to the silver band. And the Rosslares don't quite have this flame grain. Also, the Rosslares come in two finishes. Classic and Royal Irish. The Royal Irish has a silver tenon like this one:
pete-rosslare-2-600x448.jpg

This Rosslare classic has an acrylic tenon and a silver band, but it's a wider band. The flame grains just have a nicer briar. But they are all nice looking pipes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.