PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I promised my GF I would not buy anything until after Xmas. But I got a surprise bonus last week, and this was not on my list to her, and it was relatively in-expensive, and I deserve it, blah, blah, blah.....
Nording: Orange Grain Freehand Sitter
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/k67i_JHznaXBdDj7mlabytMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
002-508-1481.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Congrats. Hiding things from one's girlfriend is preparation for hiding things from one's wife. An important skill for the survival of any man. Enjoy the new pipe and let us know how you explain it.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
Beautiful Nording! Just tell the gf that it's a pipe you have owned for many years, chances are she doesn't know your pipe collection as well as you do (I bet she has done the same thing with clothes and shoes).

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have a bunch of estates that I am fxing up so every once in a while I can tell her it's one of the pipes that I've finished. She thinks I'm really good at restorations. :lol: That's if she even notices; more often then not I could walk in wearing a different shirt, smoking a different pipe, and wearing a sombrero and I probably wouldn't get any attention. Kudos on the pipe though; it's a beauty.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
One of my favorites... Great choice.. And we wont tell your girlfriend!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Very nice ! I have become a master of the "ass national" hidden stash and hiding pipes from the wife !!! Sometimes I feel guilty :cry: but I work through it !! :puffy:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. When it arrives just wrap it and place it in your stocking with a tag saying from Santa. That should get you out of any trouble.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
The Santa thing is genius.
However, I am sure my wife would expect something in her stocking too..and this fat guy, not Santa, would end up paying for it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's an especially good rendering of a freehand by Nording. He does so many, you have to look at a lot

of them to find the ones you like, but I think you chose a fine example. Nice grain, nice lines, and good

simplicity. As for your GF, maybe you don't have to parade every pipe past her, but I'd share them. She

might even appreciate a gift pipe suggestion from time to time; it would solve her gift-buying decision.

After buying several nice anniversary gifts for my wife, I bought a pipe for our anniversary, and that was

okay.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Cool looking pipe. Hope she smokes well for ya.
The wife beat me home today and I had 3 packages waiting for me. No really hon, there's only a couple tins in each... :wink:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I just can't lie to my wife. I'm an open book. Its written all over my face. Plus, I'm proud of the pipes I get.
She gets so many pocket books and etc. that as long as we are not in the red, child out of the house, hey-what's the real difference?
Gorgeous looking pipe, Naitbo. Love the shape and grain. I hope it smokes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.