PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I've been wanting to add a new piece to my rotation, and the price was too right to not pull the trigger. It's a Stanwell Trio dark sandblast that I got from P&C for $50. I really like my other entry-level Stanwell, a brushed black pot. I have smoked two bowls in so far, and it's just what I was hoping it would be: a good, reliable, well-made, cheap factory pipe. And really, considering the price, I think it looks pretty decent as well. It's my first true billiard and the saddle stem is really comfortable. It's a 9mm filter pipe, but I bought an adapter, and haven't had any issues yet.
Nevermind my dirty work surface. Hehe
p1-600x450.jpg

p2-600x450.jpg

p3-600x450.jpg

p4-600x450.jpg

Anyone else own one?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
About a year ago I bought two similar Stanwells, a brushed black Canadian and a brushed brown pot, the classic Sixten Iverrson design, from PC at about the same price you paid. They're well manufactured, open draw, and real work horses. For anyone who doesn't want to have to worry a great deal about theft or loss and still wants a quality smoking pipe, take a look at these. (However, once you get to relying on them, you would feel mighty bad about losing one.)

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good job on your latest pipe. I can't believe I still don't own a Stanwell. I will someday soon, although I really, really don't need to add another pipe.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I like that pipe; saddle bit on a billiard always creates a pleasing line. My only Stanwell is a churchwarden, but is one of my favorite pipes.
Enjoy that one!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I've had a couple of the black-brushed pipes, and regret letting them go when I needed to winnow out my collection. They are great stand-by smokers. But what PAD? Last week I pulled the trigger on a 107 (getting hard to find) Rosslare. Now that's PAD!

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
But what PAD? Last week I pulled the trigger on a 107 (getting hard to find) Rosslare. Now that's PAD!
Poor man's PAD! Haha. I am still in the build my rotation phase. I'm up to four briars now.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice looking pipe. The finish on that is very similar to my Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen Cutty. Enjoy. :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Very nice looking pipe, it has a great looking blast and thick walls. I have owned many 9mm pipes and I never used the filter or adaptor, and they all smoked great. Congrats.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I have that same shape in a Brushed Black version, very good smoker! If yours smokes as good as mine, then you will enjoy it and realize that it smokes like a pipe that costs 3 times as much. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.