PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Just received the first of my two TAD orders this morning. Unfortunately it arrived just as I was walking out the door for work so all I could do was quickly look at the contents. I'm on the road travelling today with a partner so I couldn't even grab a pipe to sample on the go today so that will have to wait until tomorrow I guess. :crying:
I got in a tin of Frog Morton Cellar, 1 tin of McClelland Black Shag, 1 tin S&G Balkan Flake and 1 tin of Peterson's University Flake. I also got a 4 pipe travel case and an ashtray with 2 pipe holder and cork knocker.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Oshawa-20130403-00072_zpsd5e2106f.jpg

Here is the picture of my haul, no time to sample anything tonight so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Peck I bought the Balkan flake because at our last pipe club meeting one of the guys was smoking it and the smell was incredible. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling too well so I didn't really smoke very much, but the smell was enough to drive me to buy it. One of our other members Pruss was at the meeting and tried it and I believe he enjoyed it. The Black Shag was recommended by Roth and a few others after I asked for some ribbon or shag cut Virginia's to try. I think I may pop that tin tonight. I'll let you know what I think of it after smoking a bowl.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is a great travel case. I have a two pipe pouch I carry but for longer trips that would be wonderful.
Let me know how you like the FM Cellar. Happens to be one of my faves so far in my short journey of tins.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Yaz, I figured I have my pipe club in a bag setup now! For $20 at P&C you can't beat the value of that case. It's pvc instead of leather but hey the leather ones cost $150 and I'd rather spend that on tobacco. I think I'm saving the FMC for our next pipe club meeting, I have so many open tins right now that I think I better show some restraint. My plan is to crack open the Black Shag tonight.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Lovely pics sir! I am truly jealous of that case... although it appears you have a penchant for billiards, pokers and Canadians. (I have a couple put aside for you to look at!) 8)
Yeah, I truly enjoyed the Balkan Flake at our last Pipe Club meeting. It was complex, balanced, smooth and with a lovely note of peat and smoke. I also really enjoy Black Shag; it's been in my rotation since Christmas and I really like the way it burns... It does have that Mclelland 'tinned tomato' aroma to the initial nose, but that dissipated pretty quickly once the bowl was lit.
I'll bring back some tobacco from Peretti Pipes when I return from Boston at the end of next week. I hear good things about their house blended tobacco, and will bring some for the smorgasbord at the next meeting.
Best,
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hee hee!!! Thanks Pat! Looking forward to seeing those new beauties. I'm saving the Frog Morton for us to try, I'll check out how dry it is out of the tin generally and maybe pop it open a couple of days before to ensure it is ready to try on the 25th. I'm saving it for that meeting to see how we like it.

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
Nice indeed! I'll be placing my first order to P&C next week, can't wait, especially after seeing your haul.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Ya up here Roth that would get a real funny look....and likely a visit from the local cops!
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.