PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
ok i have chewed threw my first corn cob stem and so i figgered i would buy a new one well on my first bowl after i had finished i was going to remove the stem and the the cob came off the wooden stem what type of glue should i use to fix this?

corncobs001.jpg

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
You can return it to Missouri Meerschaum and they'll replace it for you. The store you bought it from may or may not exchange it, but the factory stands by all their pipes.
http://www.corncobpipe.com/

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
thanks for the link i may try the store first

and as the Prez of the CSS do you prefer the yellow or black stems my first one was a yellow but i kinda bit through it and now it kinda smokes like my p lip pete and it is a bend but it is impossible to get a cleaner in it

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Try ordering a "Forever stem". They are great and fit most all cobs so you can switch them out. Will last you forever. : )

And come in many different colors and sizes...they're really great for cobs!

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Forever stems are from walkerbriarworks.com

Also there have been post on this site about them as well

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
echopipe....just ordered the black spear Forever Stem for my General and Country Gentleman after reading your post. Like the butterscotch stem also but will wait to see if I like this one first...
Thanks for the heads up!!

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i was thinking of putting a wooden plug in the bottom so i just may keep it as a test pipe the great thing about a cob is the price

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
pawpaw, I prefer bent pipes, and dislike vulcanite, so I use the bent Danish bits that come with most full-sized cobs. But the Lucite Forever stems from Walker are very nice too. I guess after 52 years, and being toothless, I've gotten used to those plastic bits.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Just got my new Forever Stem (3 1/4 black spear) from Walker Briar Works and I love how it looks on my MM!!! Instantly adds a nice heft to the pipe!! Cannot wait to get the first bowl in tomorrow morning!!
Need to add a couple more now......

Status
Not open for further replies.