PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well, my Lonestar commission should be on it's way shortly and I am very excited. Ryan pointed out a few very superficial cosmetic flaws in the briar. He explained it all to me upfront and wanted me to be 100% happy. He kindly asked if I wanted to wait and have him make another or get this one at a price that is beyond incredible. His return policy is excellent and a few tiny pits will in no way affect the smoking quality of the pipe. They will be unnoticed after a few months in the rotation anyway. To me that is a win/win situation. The grain of the briar is just gorgeous and the German Ebonite Cumberland with Honduran Rosewood Burl extension make me drool! The size of the button and lightweight 38 grams will make this pipe a great clincher! Hope you guys like it as much as I do already. Man I can't wait till I get home next Thursday!
The dimensions are as follows;

5.56" length

1.95" height

.81" width tobacco chamber

1.45" depth of tobacco chamber

38 grams​
LS_Billiard008_zpsc47382c7.jpg

LS_Billiard001_zpsbb8fb446.jpg

LS_Billiard002_zpsb430e2ac.jpg

LS_Billiard003_zps39e41e8b.jpg

LS_Billiard004_zps1ea27524.jpg

LS_Billiard005_zpsba5b8160.jpg

LS_Billiard006_zpsf26599ec.jpg

LS_Billiard007_zps941b2373.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Wow! Now THIS is a serious pipe! The shape follows the grain perfectly and the button work is superb!
It's amazing what what one gifted artisan can make by hand. Who needs a factory?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Ryan, it's a work of art, I smoke my Canadian once a week, it's my Nitecap pipe and never fails that I experience flavors with that pipe that I don"t with others, in other words it just doesn "t make smoke, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. The old cajun

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Chris, beautiful beautiful pipe! Kudos to Lonestar on the craftsmanship. I hope you enjoy many fine smokes with it.

Dec 24, 2012
I've been staring at this one and am mesmerized. Is that an inlay in the transition between stem and shank? what is it?

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
That billiard has beautiful lines. As nice as I have seen in a while! Lone star, great job!!!!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I've been staring at this one and am mesmerized. Is that an inlay in the transition between stem and shank? what is it?
I am not sure how those extensions are done. Maybe if Lonestar see's the thread he can clarify it for us or if anyone else know's please share. I know they are very pretty and see them on a lot of artisan stems but never thought to ask how they are made.
Thanks for the kind comments guys!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Peckinpah, in this case the extension is part of the stem. No magic to it , just very precisely fitting together 3 seperate pieces. Basically a very long tenon is turned and then a ring of rosewood burl and a smaller ring of cumberland are fitted to the tenon. The hardest part is making it look like magic.

I probably do some type of exotic wood accent on about 70% of the pipes I make.

I don't have pictures of the process but I can snap some pics for you the next time I do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.