PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
I honestly never though I would see the day when I'd own a Von Erck. I leant a hand at the UP 200, a dogsled race held annually here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. They held a silent auction to raise money for the mushers, among the items was this beauty. It was carved just to be auctioned to raise money for the race. Included with it were info on the pipe, and correspondence between Lee and one of the board members of the race. It was completed only 2 weeks ago. I took it home for less than a couple hundred bucks. Never have I been happier to live in the U.P.!
eATFck2l.jpg

VrCmto3l.jpg

EBC8CcWl.jpg

ydilC0Cl.jpg

I can't believe how nice it feels in the hand. I was shocked when I saw it on display at the auction. The grain is beautiful, and this piece of briar looks like it was meant to have a pair of breasts!
I'm not sure whether to smoke it or put it on display!
***EDIT***

Serial number A21064 MM

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Fantastic pipe and I love the story of how you got it. Well Done !!!!

aaronbrill

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2012
That is very nice! I'd love to check out his shop next time I go through Negaunee if he allows people in.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks Rothnh :)
@aaron, he has it listed on his cards and in a lot of places, I drive that road everyday to work and I have no idea where it is still! I would love to see it too.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. Lee is very nice. On his website he has a link to a webcam in his shop. It is cool to watch him work on a pipe.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I am personal friends with Lee, even tho he won't admit it!!!!

:rofl:

If you like the looks of his pipes, just wait til you smoke them, they are incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.