PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
As some of you know I recently started a new job. It is something I've been trying to get into ever since I started smoking meat and making my own sausages and bacon about 10yr ago or so. I was working at a cat litter production facility and was absoutely miserable with the job and the overall work experience there.
With that place in the past and stress free working conditions, this guy couldn't be happier. We do a lot of weight in production with all the different things we make and process. The racks will hold about 450-600lbs of meat depending on what it is (sausages, hams, loins, bacon, coldcuts, etc). The thing I REALLY like is the factory is literally within eyesight of my front porch. I can see the storefront and parking lot from my front step and it only takes me about 3mins to walk to work. Here's a few pics for everyone to check out.
pictures-002-450x600.jpg

These are Mishka (baby ham) and there is approx 900lbs. Each ham is between 2-3lbs

pictures-003-450x600.jpg

Octoberfest and Knackers

pictures-004-450x600.jpg

Stuff already packaged in the cooler. Bacon, cold cuts and other delicious treats.

pictures-005-450x600.jpg

The other side of the packing cooler.

pictures-006-450x600.jpg

Kabanosy (its like a pepperoni but Polish style)

pictures-008-450x600.jpg

One of the three smokehouses. This is the smaller one.

pictures-009-450x600.jpg

Hot and regular pepperoni.

pictures-011-450x600.jpg

Juicy Ham (Like a Black Forest Ham but made a little differently with smaller cuts of inside hams rather than outside hams for Black Forest)

pictures-012-450x600.jpg

Black Forest Hams

pictures-014-450x600.jpg

Back Hocks, small and large Loins, and ribs. All cured and smoked like bacon.

pictures-015-450x600.jpg

A mixed rack of Shoulders, Loins, and Ribs and a few Jowels.

pictures-016-450x600.jpg

Ham Kielbasa and Tarnoska (the two most popular Kielbasa in Poland)

pictures-017-450x600.jpg

1050lbs of Bellies waiting for brine injection.

pictures-018-450x600.jpg

More Hocks, Ribs and Loins.

pictures-019-450x600.jpg

Knackers in front cart and German wieners and regular wieners on the back cart

pictures-021-450x600.jpg

More Knackers and wieners
I do appoligize for the cloudy look of the pics but I keep my phone in a Zip-Loc bag to keep it from getting wet and the cloudy look is from the lights reflecting off the bag. One great perk about working there is FREE lunches. Anything from the cooler (as long as it's eaten and not thrown away) is what we can have for lunch. The girls that work/run the storefront usually bring us home baked goodies or dinners. We are well taken care of and well fed. We process anywhere from 8500-15000lbs of meat each week and everyday is different. I can honestly say I LOVE my job now!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks all!

@trailboss I worked in a slaughter house for beef and veal when I was younger, being a farm boy and a hunter it didn't really bother me. I was the one who hooked up the back legs of the animal as it went upstairs 'down the line' to be gutted and butchered into halves, or quarters or sent off to the packing areas so blood and guts don't bother me much.

Jan 8, 2013
I think I'm a bit jealous lol. I work for the butcher block/meat department for a large grocery store. Unfortunately we don't make our own sausages and such. I kind of wish we did.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Oh...my...God...
Does your company have an online store???
Having moved away from New Jersey that has cuisine, and now living in Portland Oregon that only has -food- and stupid weird stuff I shall not eat, I am moved to tears gazing upon all of the flavorful treats you displayed.
Sigh...

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Kana nosy is one of my all time favorite sausages... Keilbasi being number one... Good luck on the new job... Seems like you found the one that makes you happy!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
There's no online store, sorry.
And yes we get free picking from the cooler for lunch and what not. When the girls are in the kitchen making shishkebabs and cabbage rolls they always make extra for us. Its like one big family and I'm proud to be a part of it and produce such great qulity foods. We ship all over our area and a lot of stores buy our products. For dinner tonight we're having Tarnoksa on the BBQ with sauerkraut and baked potatoe and bread.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Man-If I worked there I would shortly have another heart attack!
This is my favorite food in the world. I would weigh an extra 100 pounds.
OYYYY Veyyyyy
Good luck in the job and I'm happy that you've found your place in work.

Status
Not open for further replies.