PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Just ordered from two friends pipes.com (Bobby Nesbitt, a Jerry Crawford Squat Tomato. I've heard really good things about this newer on the scene pipemaker. Had to try it. Price seemed very reasonable. Weight was light, stem looked terrific. Hope it is a great smoker. I also hope the pic comes out!
3755355_orig.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Wow. That's a nice looking pipe. The picture's quite large but it really shows off the blast.
You obviously were a VERY good boy this year.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
@Bigvan: My wife and daughter 'struggle' each year to try to find me something that I want for the holidays. I'm really tough to buy for. My hobbies go from one to the other every few years or so. I helped them out with my current obsession, PIPES.
I'm also getting a pipe carry bag which is made by 'Smokinholsters.com'. I considered the Italian bag that Peck ordered a few months ago, but this one coming up should be a real looker.
Another thread in the coming days.
Thanks, guys.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Allen I like it very much, the curve of the shank makes it I believe a very comfortable pipe to hold. The blast is nice , you done good. Smoke it in good health.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. An excellent gift. Remember to act surprised when you open it for Christmas.

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
What a beautiful pipe, my eyes were immediately drawn to it's gorgeous sandblast and gentle curve. Hope it gives you many good smokes.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That's a great looking pipe. I have good feelings about Jerry's work. Congrats Allan!

May 31, 2012
Sweet pipe there, congrats!

It's a beauty for sure.
I'm gonna hafta get with it now, while his prices are still affordable enough for me, with all the praise it's inevitable that they'll go up, and people like Mike G. really know their stuff in evaluating pipes.
I don't know Joe Langford, but him being a well-respected collector and saying something like "I don't know where Jerry gets his briar but it's the best quality, and extremely light weight. His mouth pieces are some of the most comfortable I have ever put in my mouth." also puts a fire under my ass!
I'm glad Jerry Crawford still makes some of the traditional shapes too, gonna have a blasted billiard or lovat in my future for sure!
His site:

http://www.crawfordpipes.com/index.html
Happy smokes!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Allan, great looking pipe with a great blast and shape. I hope it smokes as good as it looks. Make sure you let us know how she smokes. Price wise it is very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.