PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I've only smoked one bowl through this fine piece of art but I'm already thinking this will be a favorite pipe. Check it out. It was smaller than I was expecting but still a nice long smoke.

Jan 8, 2013
I've been looking at those Icarus pipes, and the Neptunes as well. They are quite nice looking. I imagine I'll have one in my collection at sometime in the future. Yours is quite beauty, Hotshot. Enjoy :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sharp little pipe you've got there! Always liked the volcano shape, have one of Bruce Weaver's. Have been debating Icarus pipes for sometime now, they make very different pipes and that is just my thing. Not seen a volcano that straight before. I like it alot!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I picked up an Icarus volcano as well though mine has an all black stem. I love it and if mine is any indication, you are in for some seriously nice smokes! Congrats on the new pipe.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I'll be smoking my second bowl tonight. I'm gonna break this one in the right way. :) Excited about the quality of a USA made pipe. No, it's not "hand-made" but its well done and manufactured in the Nashville area.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Very nice looking pipe. I don't think I've read anything negative regarding Icarus and Neptune pipes.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Andy, it's a well done "manufactured" but I believe hand finished piece of art. Really looking forward to a long relationship with this little smoker. :)

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed a second bowl of tobacco in my new Volcano, last evening. I originally smoked a bowl of McClelland 5100 Red Cake, last night I had a bowl of John Patton's "Moe's Confetti" available from 4Noggins. It was just a really great pipe of tobacco. Pipe was great, tobacco was good.... it was the only bowl that I had yesterday, so it was a very special smoke....

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Congrats on the new pipe. I saw the Icarus and Neptune lines when they were displayed at the Chicago Show, and I'm looking forward to getting one sometime this year.

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
I was able to purchase a Neptune and an Icarus at the West Coast Pipe Show, and have been using them both to get an understanding of how they smoke. As they come from the first new "Pipe Factory" in the US in a very long time, it will be interesting to see how they develop and improve in their first few years. At first exposure, they smoke well with few points that need improvement. I certainly wish them well, and am impressed with their early offerings.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
My New Icarus Volcano
When I saw the word Volcano in the title I nearly skipped this thread, but when I layed eyes on that little gem, I was an instant convert.
Congrats on your latest acquisition and may it provide you many a delcious bowl.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Thanks everyone for the comments. I think the Icarus line of pipes would be a good addition to any pipe rack. I'm happy and it's not even close to being broken in. Airway is perfect. It feels really great in my hand and it's extremely lightweight. I'm happy. Plus I like US Made and being the first manufacturing facility in the USA in many years, it's great to support them.

toddjohnson

Lurker
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks a lot, guys. We're really glad everyone likes the pipes, and we genuinely appreciate the support. We've actually tweaked this shape a little by extending the shank about half an inch and adding slightly more taper to it. This new iteration of the shape is just starting to hit stores. I think Smoking Pipes has some, and I believe there's a batch on the way to Pipes and Cigars as well. One of our core principles at Briarworks is Kaizen, a Japanese concept that roughly translates to "continuous improvement." Here's a shot of the new Icarus Volcano.
IMG_2124.jpg

I'd love to get y'all's thoughts.
All the best,
Todd

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Todd, I'm honored that you dropped by and shared this. I think I see another Icarus in my future. I was never a fan of the Volcano's but the one I just bought has changed my mind on them. I'm really liking the longer shank. God bless and prayers for your companies success. I'm not far from Nashville, might try to get up that way one day. Are tours of the facility available? Blessings, Rob

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Going to take a closer look at Icarus in the future. Like a longer shank. Really like the black blast and tortoise bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.