PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
img_0082-600x600.jpg

I received this HS Studio morta purchased on eBay in the mail this week and broke it in with some HH Latakia Flake. I love the overall shape and grain of this pipe. It is very well made with the tenon fitting very securely. It is light for its size and feels great in hand. I especially like the tactile quality of the deep grain of the morta. Despite its light weight I found clenching wasn't very comfortable due to it being a bit front heavy and the stem being on the short side.
When the pipe arrived I was immediately taken by its overall presentation and obvious quality. That being said, though a pipe cleaner passed easily from bit to bowl, it did come out just right of center - not dead on. I decided to pack the bowl anyway and was very happy with the experience. The pipe never got hot and stayed dry the whole time. I've read that morta pipes can impart a flavor to the smoke but I didn't detect any flavors outside of the Latakia Flake - which was rich and creamy.
Bottom line: I'm very happy with this HS Studio pipe and feel I got a great deal on a wonderful morta pipe for just over $100. This is my second pipe from benandci on eBay - my first being a Road Town poker that always smokes cool and dry -and will undoubtedly purchase other pipes from them in the future.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Glad you're enjoying it and I have an artisan pipe I won and the hole is a tiny bit off center and it doesn't cause any detriment to the smoking abilities. This morta finish is my favorite. Nice price too.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
You've got yourself a fine looking pipe there.
Morta is my favourite material for pipes, it has excellent smoking properties and good looks.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
I recently purchased a road town captain Popeye from benandci on eBay and it arrived yesterday. I too was impressed with the quality for the price I paid. The bowl is fairly small, my tamp just barely fits in it but that's OK as I got it to take to work for a quick smoke in between jobs. I loaded it last night with some cult conspiracy and was amazed at the level of flavors I was getting. I'm sure that most here already know but for those who don't road town is the other side of hs studios. That morta is gorgeous. Very nice purchase!

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Thanks again for the kind words. I recently smoked some Revor plug in this pipe and have to say it was a great combination! I'm very happy with this seller's products and check eBay on a regular basis for their new offerings. Despite the draft hole in this particular pipe meeting the bowl slightly off center, it is obviously well made and of great quality materials. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending HS Studio or Road Town for great value pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.