Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy colored stones in sets per job, and I always buy a few extra in case I break one or two. This is just for precaution, and I've been an a lucky steak at setting stones without breaking any in a long while. So, to reward myself for no breakages, I designed this band for myself. I gypsy set them in sterling silver and textured the band for a less prissy look.

The stummel is from the same box of frazed stummels that I got from Skip that are from the very early 1900's, and I rusticated the stummel with some jeweler's burs. The stem I carved into a military style. I really liked the way it lools with the diamond shank, and being just shy of 7" long, I wanted to be able to break the pipe down and carry in my pocket when needed. The bowl is .85 x 1.5".

I've sort of transfered my PAD into a HPD (homemade pipe dissorder). Ha! Anyways, thar she is...

B576743D-073F-4E7A-8F48-024050F8B6CE_zps1xpwc2j0.jpg

81C2DBD8-0F92-4DED-B256-635E755AD517_zpsrcsojzap.jpg

2FAEEA0B-593F-4B10-8D0A-601706F339B2_zps96vymxec.jpg

Yellow sapphires, garnets, and citrines. I love them bulldogs!

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I really like that pipe Cosmic. A hybrid pipe shall be born. The bulldog prince, bullprince. Lovely work!

Thank you again, guys.

Mortonbriar, no, not specifically mandarin. I haven't had the pleasure of using that garnet recently. I'm not exactly sure which one you mean, but I did have several andarites in the golden red variety. Yes, I kept it in the golden tones to match the honey color of the briar. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.